development phone

Jon M

Feb 10, 2010, 3:18:56 PM2/10/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
Hey all,
I know this question has more than likely come up a few
times, but I could not locate a post on it. I am looking for an
Android development phone and I was wondering if anyone had any
suggestions and or issues with the current development phones that are
avaliable? Also can one or both of these do the 2.1 version of the
android software?

Thanks
Jon

lbcoder

Mar 2, 2010, 9:06:22 AM3/2/10
to Android-DevPhone-Updating
There is no OEM build of 2.1 for either dev phone.
The two dev phones are virtually identical (both are 32B devices).
As of TODAY, community builds of 2.1 firmware for 32B devices are more-
or-less fully functional (including hardware GL drivers).
Some bugginess, but that is being worked out.

Developer phones are bootloader unlocked, so you are perfectly free to
install community firmware.

In other words, though HTC has NOT YET (and may NEVER in fact)
provided any 2.1 firmware for dev devices, both devices are FULLY
CAPABLE of running it and it IS available -- and getting better every
day.