No Bluetooth API in 0.9 or 1.0 SDK?!?!?

kokuryu

Aug 20, 2008, 10:55:35 AM8/20/08
to Android Developers
It looks like Android is only being released for people to make simple
handheld games with. With no usable Bluetooth API in the 0.9 SDK nor
in the release 1.0 SDK or release 1.0 device, Android is nothing more
than a toy. It's about time I and others who were originally excited
about Android coming about walk away from this and put our full
efforts into other platforms. Android was definitely over-hyped and
will definitely under-deliver. But it will make a great game
platform. Sorry, but I dont have time to write any games - I'm
writing serious applications.

foxxtrot

Aug 20, 2008, 7:04:47 PM8/20/08
to Android Developers
On Aug 20, 7:55 am, kokuryu <koku...@kokuryu.com> wrote:
> It looks like Android is only being released for people to make simple
> handheld games with.  With no usable Bluetooth API in the 0.9 SDK nor
> in the release 1.0 SDK or release 1.0 device,

The API documentation does not say that there will be no Bluetooth
API, only that the API will not be comprehensive. This suggests that
by the time of 1.0, a partial API may be implemented. I have little
doubt that a comprehensive Bluetooth API is near the top of the list
of things that need to be done shortly after the 1.0 release.

> Sorry, but I dont have time to write any games - I'm
> writing serious applications.

I'm sorry, but get over yourself. Even with the current state of the
Android Bluetooth API (and I really wish there was more information
about the upstream issues), there is plenty of room for 'real'
application development. And the lack of a comprehensive API does not
mean that the phone won't support Bluetooth altogether. HTC would not
release a smartphone in this day and age that lacked Bluetooth
support. At worst, we may need to wait until the 1.1 firmware to be
able to write applications that fully utilize Bluetooth.

This is an unfortunate turn of events, that is certain. But the lack
of a comprehensive API does not mean the lack of any support
whatsoever.

Jeff Craig

rezar

Aug 21, 2008, 10:55:45 AM8/21/08
to Android Developers
Bluetooth is very important for further integration of other sensors/
device to android device.
I think they underestimate the importance of bluetooth.
Let me put it this way:
With bluetooth there is a possibility to connect Android device to
lots of other thing (from T.V. and Refrigerator to phone and PC) and
they simply removed it !!!
I don't have enough time to wait another six month for Android 1.1, if
it will not be released in version 1.0 I will go for another
platform.

dyonis

Aug 21, 2008, 11:08:59 AM8/21/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
good morning,
i need of dowload aplication android for develop ,with make?

sorry ,my english not's good

very tahnks,

Dyonis Silva

Justin (Google Employee)

Aug 21, 2008, 1:12:52 PM8/21/08
to Android Developers
Can you post in a *new* thread in your best language and I will use
machine translation to try to understand your request?

Thanks,
Justin
Android Team @ Google

On Aug 21, 8:08 am, "dyonis" <dyo...@ucdb.br> wrote:
> good morning,
> i need ofdowloadaplication android for develop ,with make?

dyonis

Aug 21, 2008, 2:26:25 PM8/21/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
ok, i go enter in the school of english .
but may i join project ?(work for me)
you understand portuguese??

very thanks, you are friend!!!

于慧娟

Aug 21, 2008, 9:01:17 PM8/21/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
SDK 0.9 give the m15 home screen code, I try to change the code ,but it
doesn't work! Who can tell me why?

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing, storing, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system. Thank you.

nainfanta

Aug 21, 2008, 9:03:21 PM8/21/08
to android-developers@googlegroups.
你是不是sdk的路径没有改,还是以前的老版本sdk的路径呀?
From nainfanta  2008-08-22 09:02:30

Shenzhen Kehao Information Technologies Co., Ltd.

Aug 21, 2008, 9:12:16 PM8/21/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
"it doesn't work" I mean when I run my new code ,the home screen doesn't
show as I want. It shows as the old.

我的意思是当我运行我修改后的home代码后(我在代码中去掉了一个菜单选项但是运行
时仍然有4个菜单选项),出现在home屏上的内容没有发生任何变化。

Aug 21, 2008, 9:18:04 PM8/21/08
于慧娟 wrote:
> "it doesn't work" I mean when I run my new code ,the home screen doesn't
> show as I want. It shows as the old.

Regarding "It shows as the old":

-- if by "old" you mean the home screen is still the one that shipped
with the emulator, I think you have to each Android to use an
alternative home screen:

http://tinyurl.com/65jlob

-- if by "old" you mean you built the sample home screen, ran it, made
changes, uploaded the changes, and the changes are not visible, you may
have to kill off the old home screen process, or shut down and restart
the emulator (see Romain Guy's post in the thread linked to above)

If neither of those matches your problem, can you provide more details?

nainfanta

Aug 21, 2008, 9:19:34 PM8/21/08
to android-developers@googlegroups.
两种可能,1、没有编译发布。2、或者你根本就没有去掉。
From nainfanta  2008-08-22 09:18:38

Shenzhen Kehao Information Technologies Co., Ltd.

Sep 12, 2008, 2:24:11 PM9/12/08
to Android Developers
Hi there -

I agree its a shame that there's no Bluetooth API in the initial
release. I think they will get there - but it's obviously frustrating
in the meantime.

By way of being helpful - if you're interested, Rococo has created a
variation of our Impronto Simulator that now includes Android support.
It lets you develop in a simulated Bluetooth environment with Android,
and program against the JSR82 APIs. We haven't released it as a full
GA product as yet - but we're interested in getting people to try it
out and give us feedback. If you - or anyone else - is interested in
JSR82 on Android - drop me a line at:

sos (at) rococosoft (dot) com and include the words "Impronto Android"
in the subject line.

Thanks,

Sean

On Aug 20, 7:55 am, kokuryu <koku...@kokuryu.com> wrote:
> It looks like Android is only being released for people to make simple
> handheld games with.  With no usableBluetoothAPI in the 0.9 SDK nor

Paulo Sergio

Sep 12, 2008, 2:51:16 PM9/12/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
i really don't understand why everybody complaints about missing bluetooth API!
This is a completely new phone OS, API's are the most important thing right now, so, give them time to create something good, let's think about the future, no only about the next few months. i would really like to see something better than jsr-82.

Think of apple before complaining about missing API features, and remember: Android will run on lot's of devices, while Apple  has their own hardware.

cheers,
paulo f