Adding new menu items to the Browser

dalelane

Nov 15, 2008, 4:34:53 PM11/15/08
to Android Developers
RE: Adding yourself to menus on other applications (http://
code.google.com/android/kb/commontasks.html#addmenuitems)

I've tried to add a new Activity that can be used with web pages open
in the Browser, but my first efforts have been unsuccessful - I don't
see any errors, but there is nothing added to the Browser menu.

I had a quick look at the Browser source, and at first glance (albeit
a first glance by a complete novice in all things Android!) it looks
like the Browser isn't looking for looking for intent options when
building it's menu. Which would mean I can't extend Browser in this
way without modifying Browser as well.

Can anyone confirm / put-me-straight on this?

Thanks!

hackbod

Nov 17, 2008, 4:12:19 AM11/17/08
to Android Developers
Correct, I don't believe the browser currently supports this kind of
thing.