Intercepting an outgoing call

Asaf

Jan 14, 2008, 11:25:33 AM1/14/08
to Android Developers
Hi,

I'm trying to intercept an outgoing call and get its number. I have
two problems with it.

The first is that PhoneStateIntentReceiver.getPhoneState() returns an
enum which is undocumented and thus it is unclear what value (values?)
are relevant for an outgoing call, as opposed to an incoming one.

The second and worse problem is getting the phone number dialed.
Searching the forums and the entire 'net shows I'm not the only one in
dire need for a solution here.

Please advise,
Asaf.

kau...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2008, 1:36:36 PM1/14/08
to Android Developers
It currently does not seem to be possible. Check out <A HREF="http://
groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/
932df5d2c689920d/c2cb6bcda795e825?lnk=gst&q=incoming
+call#c2cb6bcda795e825">this thread</A>, which you have probably
already seen. If anyone out there does know of a method to do this, I
would love to know it as well.

londont

Jan 14, 2008, 1:36:57 PM1/14/08
to Android Developers
Joining this one.
I am looking for intercepting any outgoing phone call + the number
dialed when the "send" button is pressed.
Any googler with a solution to this one?

Tomer.

kau...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2008, 1:38:47 PM1/14/08
to Android Developers

Gabor Paller

Jan 16, 2008, 6:29:23 PM1/16/08
to Android Developers
I think I made a step toward solving the problem. Now I can retrieve
the number immediately
after the call was finished (but not when the call was started).
Check this out:
http://mylifewithandroid.blogspot.com/2008/01/phonecalls.html

Diego Torres Milano

Jan 25, 2008, 9:33:35 PM1/25/08
to Android Developers
Finally, I've figured out a way to obtain these events (voice & sms).
It's a dirty hack but until android.telephony.gsm.DriverCall and other
related classes are documented we can use it.
Screencast at http://dtmilano.blogspot.com/2008/01/android-radio-logger.html.
Source its on its way after some issues are solved.

PS: Thanks Gabor for linking my blog in yourlifewithandroid ;-).

Diego Torres Milano

Jan 31, 2008, 12:22:28 PM1/31/08
to Android Developers, asaf...@gmail.com
Sorry, for not having posted to this thread. Source is available at
http://dtmilano.blogspot.com/2008/01/android-radio-logger-code-is-here.html.
As it's been stated in the blog, don't use it in real world
applications.