Native C, dynamically linked and shared library "Hello World" run.

motz

Dec 8, 2007, 3:22:06 PM12/8/07
to Android Developers
I managed to run two types of native C "Hello world!" on Android.

1) Dynamically linked executable.
This is an executable dynamically linked with system libc.so

2) Dynamically linked executable linked with user's shared library.
This is an executable dynamically linked not only with system
libc.so
but also with the shared library user made.

See below if you are interested.

http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/dynamically-linked-hello-world-for.html
http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/shared-library-hello-world-for-android.html

motz

fry

Dec 9, 2007, 3:42:13 AM12/9/07
to Android Developers
Very interesting - the next step is to hook to your native app from
java layer with IBinder implementation (as far as I understand this is
android's java native call mechanism). Please let me know if you will
have a chance to do it.

On Dec 8, 11:22 pm, motz <motoya.kuro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I managed to run two types of native C "Hello world!" on Android.
>
> 1) Dynamically linked executable.
> This is an executable dynamically linked with system libc.so
>
> 2) Dynamically linked executable linked with user's shared library.
> This is an executable dynamically linked not only with system
> libc.so
> but also with the shared library user made.
>
> See below if you are interested.
>
> http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/dynamically-linked-hello-world-f...http://honeypod.blogspot.com/2007/12/shared-library-hello-world-for-a...
>
> motz

motz

Dec 9, 2007, 9:32:19 AM12/9/07
to Android Developers
Hi, fry,

> Very interesting - the next step is to hook to your native app from
> java layer with IBinder implementation (as far as I understand this is
> android's java native call mechanism). Please let me know if you will
> have a chance to do it.

I'm not posivite now. I think we need SDK for C/C++ to develop
a native apps/stacks fitting to Android framework.

motz