Android RSS Library

Alex Horn

Feb 4, 2011, 4:39:22 AM2/4/11
to Android Developers
I have been working on an open-source (Apache 2.0) Android library to
read parts of RSS feeds [1]. The library specifically targets the
Android platform by using (Level 1) APIs such as android.net.Uri. The
design features stream parsing with SAX. As a result, the memory
footprint tends to be smaller compared to an equivalent DOM-based
solution. Furthermore, the use of hash tables facilitates the
construction of POJOs which represent RSS feeds.

At the time of writing, this new RSS library can be imported into an
existing mobile app project with the "android update project" command
[2]. Detailed instructions are included in the README file. I hope
someone finds this library useful in the making of new or the
simplification of existing Android apps.

Contributions in form of "git pull" requests are welcome. However,
such contributions should be supported by unit tests since the project
uses Maven to integrate with a headless unit testing harness.

Cheers,
Alex

[1] https://github.com/ahorn/android-rss
[2] http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/other-ide.html#libraryProject

Daryl Gent

Feb 15, 2012, 10:46:44 AM2/15/12
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Will you be adding Serialisation into the project?