Online streaming MP3 Media Player

kevin

Jan 31, 2008, 2:25:05 AM1/31/08
to Android Developers
Is anyone working on Online straming Media player.Till now , the
solution what i have found is Playing an mp3 file from a URL is like
Copying it to a temporary location in File in Phone and then the
location of the file is feeded into the setDatasource for the media
player to start:
has anyone come up like Playing the media File(MP3 song) from
shoutcast streaming website wheerin it plays directly from the
BUFFER .Please help me out if anyone has coem across this kind of
solutions.
It is really challlenging to play the mp3 from the buffer from the
shoutcast streaming channel

Smart Stone

Jan 31, 2008, 2:51:19 AM1/31/08
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Android is bad without native APIs. Java API is abviously not enough!!!
I think you can not do it through the APIs provided by the mister (Google)....

If there is always JavaAPIs I will quit and lose my passion with it! Rubbish!!!

Wink Saville

Jan 31, 2008, 1:43:39 PM1/31/08
Smart Stone wrote:
> Android is bad without native APIs. Java API is abviously not enough!!!
> I think you can not do it through the APIs provided by the mister (Google)....
>
> If there is always JavaAPIs I will quit and lose my passion with it! Rubbish!!!

I've added issue 83 to http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list.
I you feel this covers your problems I suggest you "star" the issue
and maybe leave a comment. Apparently the squeaky wheels will
get the grease first:)

Wink Saville

sujata

Mar 25, 2008, 5:49:42 AM3/25/08
to Android Developers
Hello,
Is it possible for you to post such a code where an mp3 file is
selected from a particular URL and cached into a temporary location
and subsequently played from there (not exactly streaming). I would
like to test if it will work for me.
Thanks
P.S. - I am finding the audio quality of android very choppy. Is there
a solution in the near future for this?

jessealbini

Apr 3, 2008, 5:32:31 PM4/3/08
to Android Developers
I have choppy audio playback as well. It works smoothly on XP for some
reason though.

- Jesse