Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE

sunrises

Aug 9, 2010, 6:54:33 AM8/9/10
to Android Developers
Hi,
I am working with android2.2 and I have large no.of Image files and
total size of those files more than 30 MB and I have stored them in
asset folder, while Im trying to run the emulator,it shows the "
Installation error: INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE" in console
and It does not show any thing regarding my application even launcher
icon also..
how shall we put all the 30 MB data in android project?

Rahul

Aug 9, 2010, 8:03:41 AM8/9/10
to Android Developers
Hi,

I have the same problem too... Can anyone tell me how to insert huge
amount of data(say 30-40 mb of images) on my application...

William Ferguson

Aug 9, 2010, 6:56:08 PM8/9/10
to Android Developers
Don't include them with your application.
When the application first starts, if the external storage contains
enough space, download your images and store them there.
For what its worth, I wouldn't download an mobile app that was 30MB,

sunrises

Aug 10, 2010, 12:05:42 AM8/10/10
to Android Developers
Hi, thanks for your reply,but I should need to store them as phone
memory,I did not get appropriate answer even I googled for the maximum
project size for android and .apk file , I did lot of projects by
downloading from net..I need alternative solution..

On Aug 10, 3:56 am, William Ferguson <william.ferguson...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

William Ferguson

Aug 10, 2010, 1:29:09 AM8/10/10
to Android Developers
I can't imagine why you care whether its on an external storage card
embedded or inserted in the phone versus inside the platform storage
space.
As far as your app in concerned it is irrelevant.

If you are worried about security of your images then excrypt them.

sunrises

Aug 10, 2010, 2:02:23 AM8/10/10
to Android Developers
Hi,
I have got the solution please refer the link
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/41852900bd603070/583943d91dc9f754?lnk=gst&q=insufficient+memory#583943d91dc9f754
, but I added the option "-partition-size 1024" in "run
configurations"->"target"->"Additional Emulator Command Line Options"
Thanks to All

Alessandro Pellizzari

Aug 10, 2010, 3:07:04 AM8/10/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com

Only the Samsung Galaxy S has more than 1 GB of /data size.
The Samsung Galaxy has 800 KB.
Nearly all the other phones have about 150-250 MB in that partition.

I would follow the suggestion others gave you, and would reduce the app
size to a max of 2 or 3 MBs.

Bye.

sunrises

Aug 11, 2010, 12:40:59 AM8/11/10
to Android Developers
Hi
Thanks for your suggestions, but I should kept the images within phone
only
again thanks to all....