Accessing the Calendar

Canukadroid

Sep 5, 2009, 2:35:55 AM9/5/09
to Android Developers
Hi There,

I'm trying to access the calendar data and according to
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/content-providers.html#querying
it gives the following examples as valid URIs:

android.provider.CallLog.Calls.CONTENT_URI
android.provider.Calendar.CONTENT_URI

The only problem is, Calendar doesn't exist in android.provider. Any
thoughts? I'm stumped. I've googled every permutation to find a
resolution for this. It's possible I've missed something :o)

I'm using Eclipse Galileo:

Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers. Build id: 20090621-0832
Android Dev Kit 0.9.1.v200905011822-1621

-- C.

Dianne Hackborn

Sep 5, 2009, 3:44:57 PM9/5/09
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the calendar provider is not yet part of the public API.
--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

davidjspooner

Sep 6, 2009, 5:46:18 AM9/6/09
to Android Developers
How likely is it to be part of the public API for 1.6 or 2.0 ?
Using non public API's makes one nervous of their changing....

On Sep 5, 8:44 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Sorry, the calendar provider is not yet part of the public API.
>

> --
> Dianne Hackborn
> Android framework engineer
> hack...@android.com

Dianne Hackborn

Sep 7, 2009, 9:29:09 PM9/7/09
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Definitely not for 1.6, very unlikely for 2.0, and it is probably a safe assumption that it is not public because it is likely to change in the future,
hac...@android.com

Canukadroid

Sep 8, 2009, 9:23:52 AM9/8/09
to Android Developers
Hi Dianne,

Thank you for your responses. Not what I wanted to hear :o( but thank
you!

Regards,
CD.

On Sep 7, 9:29 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Definitely not for 1.6, very unlikely for 2.0, and it is probably a safe
> assumption that it is not public because it is likely to change in the
> future,
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:46 AM, davidjspooner

Mukesh Aggarwal

Sep 15, 2009, 5:26:23 PM9/15/09
to Android Developers
Really disappointed to see that calander will not be available even in
2.0.
Any plans to atleast make google calendar web api work with android. ?
seems that doesn't work either because of some auth issues.

On Sep 7, 6:29 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> Definitely not for 1.6, very unlikely for 2.0, and it is probably a safe
> assumption that it is not public because it is likely to change in the
> future,
>
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 2:46 AM, davidjspooner
> <davidjspoo...@googlemail.com>wrote:
Message has been deleted