Android project in subversion - .svn copied in bin folder

JMichel

Jun 15, 2009, 10:36:54 AM6/15/09
to Android Developers
Hi,

I want to manage an Android project with subversion (svn in command
line). I'm using the Android SDK 1.5 in Eclipse 3.4.2. I included
every dev files from my project but I didn't include the folders /gen
(auto-generated by the SDK) and /bin (built files).

My problem is that when I start working into the project, the /bin
folder is generated by the SDK and a copy of the .svn folder from /src
is copied into /bin/.svn, which breaks by subversion structure.

Why is it doing this and can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

deep...@googlemail.com

Jun 15, 2009, 11:20:22 AM6/15/09
to Android Developers
By default Eclipse compiles .java from source folders to .class in the
bin folder and copies all other files.
You can configure a filter for which files not to copy in Window =>
Preferences, Java => Compiler => Building => Output Folder.

Then again the better way I think is to install the Subclipse plugin
for integrating Subversion in Eclipse.
As far as I know that should prevent such copying of the .svn folder
as well.

--
http://www.deepdroid.com

JMichel

Jun 16, 2009, 9:05:05 AM6/16/09
to Android Developers

Thanks,

I installed Subclipse and now it is working correctly. Please not that
for installing Subclipse on Ubuntu 9.04 it is required to install
libsvn-java through Synaptic, and then this line needs to be added in
eclipse.ini: "-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni"

But I have a problem with the subclipse plugin. For each operation i
want to do, it asks me for the svn password 10 or more times, and I
cannot find any way to record the password into the plugin. Any help
would be appreciated...