[android-developers] Eclipse shows error, but no error found

Ken H

May 21, 2010, 6:59:45 PM5/21/10
to Android Developers
Eclipse is showing an error (little red "x" next to my project name),
but there is no error shown in any files -- meaning there is no
corresponding "x" next to any file...nothing. When I try to run it, it
says, "Your project contains error(s), please fix them before running
your application."

What's going on?? This is driving me crazy.

Ken

Xavier Ducrohet

May 21, 2010, 7:02:58 PM5/21/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Look at the Problems view, it may be a project config issue.

xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

Ken H

May 21, 2010, 7:27:26 PM5/21/10
to Android Developers
Ok, I opened a Window > Show views > Problems, and it said something
about an "Unparsed aapt error(s)!..." whatever the devil that is.

So I deleted it...and got the emulator up and running. What did I
actually do? Not worried, just curious? Thanks, by the way...

Ken

On May 21, 4:02 pm, Xavier Ducrohet <x...@android.com> wrote:
> Look at the Problems view, it may be a project config issue.
>
> xav

Xavier Ducrohet

May 21, 2010, 7:31:58 PM5/21/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
if you see unparsed aapt error, look in the Console view.

Normally Eclipse is able to parse the output of aapt (which is an
external tool used during the build), and put error marker on the
affected files.
If, for some reason (like the devs working on aapt create an error msg
in yet another format, and don't tell me) aapt fails to parse the
error, it'll show the error in the console view so that you can at
least see it.

If that happens please file a bug on http://b.android.com with the
actual output taken from the console.

thanks
Xav
--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead
Google Inc.

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

mike

May 21, 2010, 8:10:10 PM5/21/10
On 05/21/2010 04:02 PM, Xavier Ducrohet wrote:
> Look at the Problems view, it may be a project config issue.

I see this happen fairly often when I'm changing around parameters,
like the sdk level, etc. It's maddening, and there's nothing in the
problem or console windows that's of any help. The only thing that
I've seen that seem to cure it is:

1) clean
2) build
3) refresh project
4) restart eclipse

do some or all of these long enough and it eventually comes back. there
is *absolutely*
no consistency to what actually causes it to start working, or I'd have
filed
a bug.

MIke

Ken H

May 21, 2010, 8:18:38 PM5/21/10
to Android Developers
Yes, exactly! I've had this happen before but was able to get rid of
it by toggling the build project (for some reason that worked). This
time it wouldn't go away.

I did just upgrade to the SDK for 2.2 though. Maybe that had something
to do with it. I don't know.

> do some or all of these long enough and it eventually comes back. there
> is *absolutely*
> no consistency to what actually causes it to start working, or I'd have
> filed
> a bug.
>
> MIke

rofl newb creations

May 21, 2010, 7:02:15 PM5/21/10
to Android Developers
Sometimes there was an error, and for whatever reason the IDE kept it
listed even though the error has been fixed. If you look at the
Problems tab at the bottom of the IDE, you may find an error listed
that has been fixed. Right click that error, and hit delete.

小贼

May 22, 2010, 8:23:37 AM5/22/10
to Android Developers
try to delete R.java then it will generate a new one...maybe it will
be ok

hao wei

May 24, 2010, 2:57:00 AM5/24/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
I have the problem too. And I tried to delete the marker then run it. The msg of console is Could not find .apk file.

squeky

May 30, 2010, 8:45:38 PM5/30/10
to Android Developers
set the target in the run configuration to manual and try, this worked
for me for the .apk error .. and make sure the target name is same for
the AVD and the project

On May 24, 11:57 am, hao wei <jik...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the problem too. And I tried to delete the marker then run it. The
> msg of console is Could not find .apk file.
>
> 2010/5/22 Ken H <hunt1...@gmail.com>
>

> > Ok, I opened a Window > Show views > Problems, and it said something
> > about an "Unparsed aapt error(s)!..." whatever the devil that is.
>
> > So I deleted it...and got the emulator up and running. What did I
> > actually do? Not worried, just curious? Thanks, by the way...
>
> > Ken
>
> > On May 21, 4:02 pm, Xavier Ducrohet <x...@android.com> wrote:
> > > Look at the Problems view, it may be a project config issue.
>
> > > xav

Indicator Veritatis

Jun 1, 2010, 8:35:02 PM6/1/10
to Android Developers
I have seen this error message too, but I didn't have to modify
project settings or run configurations to make it go away. I can't
remember what I did, but it was probably:

1) clean project
2) close project
3) try again, if still fails: repeat 1 & 2 and then:
4) exit Eclipse and re-enter.

I can't tell whether bugs like this are in Eclipse itself or the ADT
plugin, but I have just got used to the fact that Eclipse error
messages are often wrong. So when I see one that can't possibly be
right, I do 1-4 when that happens.

String

Feb 8, 2011, 8:39:20 AM2/8/11
to android-d...@googlegroups.com