No permissions set altough permissions requested

Dirk Vranckaert

May 27, 2010, 3:37:28 PM5/27/10
to Android Developers
Hey all,

For the current application/widget I'm creating I have not set any
permissions yet, altough the apk files I have already generated (for
example this one:
http://code.google.com/p/workregistrationwidget-android/downloads/detail?name=WorkRegistrationWidgetAndroid-preAlphaBuild-4.apk&can=2&q=)
on install it notifies the users that it requests both SD card access
and phone state access. The application source is available here:
http://code.google.com/p/workregistrationwidget-android/

Can anyone have a look and tell me what I do wrong or is it just a
bug?

Kind regards,

Dirk

TreKing

May 27, 2010, 5:15:12 PM5/27/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Dirk Vranckaert <dirkvra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone have a look and tell me what I do wrong or is it just a bug?

Some permissions, like the SD card one, were introduced after 1.5. To maintain backward compatibility, apps built for 1.5 are automatically granted these permissions since they didn't need them before.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking

Dirk Vranckaert

May 27, 2010, 5:31:02 PM5/27/10
to Android Developers
TreKing,

Thanks for your reply.
So currently I already have one application available in the market,
written for 1.5 and higher. It requires internet access so that is
specified in the manifest file. Upon installation is does only ask for
'Network Connection'.
Altough the applet I am writing is written also for 1.5 and higher and
suddenly more access is requested upon install (access that is not
specified in the manifest and not used!).

Any explanation how this may be possible?

On 27 mei, 23:15, TreKing <treking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Dirk Vranckaert

TreKing

May 28, 2010, 10:57:47 AM5/28/10
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Dirk Vranckaert <dirkvra...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any explanation how this may be possible?

Yeah - that, I don't know. Maybe check the android source project page and see if there has been a bug reported for this? Seems like a pretty blatant issue.