bindService() interfaceName argument?

Gabor Paller

Jan 8, 2008, 5:43:18 AM1/8/08
to Android Developers
Hi,

I am curious if anyone knows details about the interfaceName argument
of the bindService
method.
http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Context.html#bindService(android.content.Intent,%20java.lang.String,%20android.content.ServiceConnection,%20int)
The doc says:
interfaceName The desired interface of the service to connect to.

So far I saw null passed in this argument in every single example. Is
there any
more sophisticated usage of this argument?

Regards,
Gabor
http://mylifewithandroid.blogspot.com/

hackbod

Jan 8, 2008, 12:37:16 PM1/8/08
to Android Developers
The interfaceName parameter is not currently used. It will probably
be removed in a future SDK, since the Intent should be able to take
care of selecting an interface.

On Jan 8, 2:43 am, Gabor Paller <paller.gab...@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am curious if anyone knows details about the interfaceName argument
> of the bindService
> method.http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Context.html...)

Gabor Paller

Jan 9, 2008, 10:03:07 AM1/9/08
to Android Developers
Is the service allowed then to have more than one interface?
There is just one getBinder method.

hackbod

Jan 9, 2008, 2:25:52 PM1/9/08
to Android Developers
Currently it can only have one interface; that will hopefully be
improved in the future.