Nexus 2.1 one sale, WHERE is the SDK!

pcm2a

Jan 5, 2010, 3:10:55 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
These phones are on sale with 2.1 Os on them right now. My friend
just ordered two with overnight shipping.

How is it even remotely acceptable that people will have 2.1 in their
hands before developers even get to touch the SDK? I already have
users using the Nexis-Droid 2.1 rom saying that my highly used widget
doesn't work. How am I supposed to test this out in advance without
hacking our phone all up?

All this does is frustrate users when apps don't work and further
degrades the market with 1 stars because developers don't have a
chance to update their code.

Thanks google....

Wayne Wenthin

Jan 5, 2010, 3:16:45 PM1/5/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Welcome to developing on Android.   This is round 2.5   1.6 came out just days before.  2.0 came out on the droid before developers (well most of us) got to see it and now this.    It's almost like Google doesn't want us to develop for Android.

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Join the Closed Beta of Call Girl Manager
http://www.fuligin.com/forums

Dan Sherman

Jan 5, 2010, 3:38:37 PM1/5/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Yep, getting tougher and tougher...

Ensuring compatability of our 6 games, in under a week, while doing this in our spare time, gets pretty tough...

Greg Donald

Jan 5, 2010, 3:44:04 PM1/5/10
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com> wrote:
> Welcome to developing on Android.   This is round 2.5   1.6 came out just
> days before.  2.0 came out on the droid before developers (well most of us)
> got to see it and now this.    It's almost like Google doesn't want us to
> develop for Android.

Having all the high IQs in the world doesn't help you when you lack
simple common sense. Google hasn't a clue how to treat developers.
Look at the Market Place stats loss from three weeks ago that no one
is doing anything about:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=4c5752ca3e5af4ff&hl=en

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/

MrChaz

Jan 5, 2010, 4:31:02 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
From the Q&A

Jason Chen:
Q: Why was it necessary for Google to design the phone? Why couldn’t
it just be an HTC phone running the new flavor of Android? And will
these new features becoming to Droid?
A: It’s inaccurate to say Google designed the phone (points to HTC
CEO). [Google] is just merchandising it online. Everybody will get 2.1
when it’s open source, within a couple of days

To me that implies the SDK will be coming in a couple of days.

Utopar

Jan 5, 2010, 4:56:14 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
This is good news!

Wayne Wenthin

Jan 5, 2010, 4:56:58 PM1/5/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
This is true.  But the phones are being overnighted to people starting today.  They have been "Dogfooding" it for a few weeks.   Why are the "Developers" the last to see it?    If this breaks apps, which it is certain to do, they are just further infuriating the Developers that are trying to make this a great platform.   If they continue I may just break down and buy a Mac.   At least with Apple you know where you stand... Generally under the foot of Jobs but at least you know it.

Dianne Hackborn

Jan 5, 2010, 5:12:06 PM1/5/10
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com> wrote:
This is true.  But the phones are being overnighted to people starting today.  They have been "Dogfooding" it for a few weeks.   Why are the "Developers" the last to see it?    If this breaks apps, which it is certain to do, they are just further infuriating the Developers that are trying to make this a great platform.   If they continue I may just break down and buy a Mac.   At least with Apple you know where you stand... Generally under the foot of Jobs but at least you know it.

While I will not argue that we need to be better about getting SDKs out earlier, for developers the changes in 2.1 are really not that significant.  Pretty much all of the stuff (little that it was) that could impact existing applications is already in 2.0.1.  2.1 adds some new APIs for things like Live Wallpapers, but a little delay in being able to use those won't harm anyone.

If it helps, 2.0.1 is actually a branch off of the 2.1 development with various fixes from 2.0 that we desired for a maintenance release for Droid, and the new APIs hidden because they weren't quite ready to be supported yet.  Almost all of the work from 2.0.1 to 2.1 was related to new features appearing on Nexus One.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

MrChaz

Jan 5, 2010, 5:16:39 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
Thanks for replying Dianne, it's nice to see an official face in one
of these threads.
I have to say though that with the best will in the world chances are
things are still going to break somewhere, although admittedly minor
ones.
The other thing, which is more important imo, is engaging with the
community which is supporting the platform. Putting the people who
put the work in at the back of the queue isn't a good idea.

On Jan 5, 10:12 pm, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com> wrote:
> > This is true.  But the phones are being overnighted to people starting
> > today.  They have been "Dogfooding" it for a few weeks.   Why are the
> > "Developers" the last to see it?    If this breaks apps, which it is certain
> > to do, they are just further infuriating the Developers that are trying to
> > make this a great platform.   If they continue I may just break down and buy
> > a Mac.   At least with Apple you know where you stand... Generally under the
> > foot of Jobs but at least you know it.
>
> While I will not argue that we need to be better about getting SDKs out
> earlier, for developers the changes in 2.1 are really not that significant.
>  Pretty much all of the stuff (little that it was) that could impact
> existing applications is already in 2.0.1.  2.1 adds some new APIs for
> things like Live Wallpapers, but a little delay in being able to use those
> won't harm anyone.
>
> If it helps, 2.0.1 is actually a branch off of the 2.1 development with
> various fixes from 2.0 that we desired for a maintenance release for Droid,
> and the new APIs hidden because they weren't quite ready to be supported
> yet.  Almost all of the work from 2.0.1 to 2.1 was related to new features
> appearing on Nexus One.
>
> --
> Dianne Hackborn
> Android framework engineer

> hack...@android.com

Jonas Petersson

Jan 5, 2010, 5:16:51 PM1/5/10
Wayne Wenthin wrote:
> [...] If they continue I may just
> break down and buy a Mac. At least with Apple you know where you
> stand... Generally under the foot of Jobs but at least you know it.

Heh, I already have a pretty decent MacBookPro and all I can say is that
I much prefer running Linux on it and develop Android apps in a pretty
open environment. Sure, there are things that could could work better
and some things that I might prioritize differently, but it's complex
stuff and it keeps evolving at a fast pace without breaking much backwards.

If you are into optimizing your short term money, going iPhone may be
your better choice (or not), but to me Android is more "right".

My 0.20 SEK, YMMV / Jonas
(Winner, Swedish Android Dev Competition 2009)

Wayne Wenthin

Jan 5, 2010, 5:29:18 PM1/5/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah Mr. Jobs would never let my app exist.   It would be too controversial.

whoodroid

Jan 5, 2010, 9:16:18 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
This is definitely not an acceptable way to treat your developer
audience. How would google developers like it if HTC shipped the N1 to
customers directly without the OS, and expected Google to ship the OS
to the customer, without ever having seen the device beforehand?
Granted there is a world of difference in complexity, but that is what
this amounts to.

As time goes by, and customer bases for our applications grow into the
thousands, it is suicidal for developers to expect to have their apps
"simply work" on new and radically different platforms. While i agree
that the quality and the backward compat of the SDK releases are quite
good, remember, it is the developer who gets knifed in the belly by
paying customers when a phone is released with an SDK he/she has never
seen, and issues arise.

I have already received a significant number of emails from existing
customers asking if our app will run on the N1 and it is a shame to
admit we have never seen it, and to ask the customer to do the first
ever hands on test and report back.

I hope you do better next time, but wouldn't be surprised if you
don't.
-goutham

On Jan 5, 2:29 pm, Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com> wrote:
> Yeah Mr. Jobs would never let my app exist.   It would be too controversial.
>

> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 2:16 PM, Jonas Petersson <jonas.peters...@xms.se>wrote:
>

> > Wayne Wenthin wrote:
>
> >> [...]  If they continue I may just break down and buy a Mac.   At least
> >> with Apple you know where you stand... Generally under the foot of Jobs but
> >> at least you know it.
>
> > Heh, I already have a pretty decent MacBookPro and all I can say is that I
> > much prefer running Linux on it and develop Android apps in a pretty open
> > environment. Sure, there are things that could could work better and some
> > things that I might prioritize differently, but it's complex stuff and it
> > keeps evolving at a fast pace without breaking much backwards.
>
> > If you are into optimizing your short term money, going iPhone may be your
> > better choice (or not), but to me Android is more "right".
>
> >                My 0.20 SEK, YMMV / Jonas
> >                (Winner, Swedish Android Dev Competition 2009)
>
> > --

> > android-develop...@googlegroups.com<android-developers%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>

String

Jan 6, 2010, 12:24:01 PM1/6/10
to Android Developers
24 hours and counting, still no 2.1 SDK...

On Jan 6, 2:16 am, whoodroid <gsuku...@gmail.com> wrote:

> good, remember, it is the developer who gets knifed in the belly by
> paying customers when a phone is released with an SDK he/she has never
> seen, and issues arise.

Reading the numerous N1 reviews over the last day, one recurring theme
is (now that there's finally Android hardware to equal the iPhone) the
app catalog is the major drawback to the platform. IOW, pissing off
developers is the last thing Google should be doing right now.

Not to mention that the inevitable broken apps reflect badly on the
platform as a whole.

String

CosminB

Jan 5, 2010, 3:59:19 PM1/5/10
to Android Developers
I would like to buy the Nexus as well, but I live in Romania, I don't
know if it works on Vodafone. Anyone got any idea regarding this? I
want to purchase it from U.S.
Also, if I buy it, will the Market work for paid apps too? Currently
my HTC Magic doesn't have paid apps in Market, but I bought it
locally. Maybe it works if I buy the Nexus from U.S. Anyone knows how
Market filters users? Is it based on where you are, or where you
bought the phone from?

Thanks,
Cosmin

P.S. Sorry for the off-topic reply.

> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=4c575...
>
> --
> Greg Donaldhttp://destiney.com/

David Sauter

Jan 5, 2010, 5:25:38 PM1/5/10
On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Dianne Hackborn <hac...@android.com> wrote:
> While I will not argue that we need to be better about getting SDKs out
> earlier, for developers the changes in 2.1 are really not that significant.

Does it raise the hard coded heap limit?

--
------
David Sauter

David Sauter

Jan 6, 2010, 12:26:26 PM1/6/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
> Reading the numerous N1 reviews over the last day, one recurring theme
> is (now that there's finally Android hardware to equal the iPhone) the
> app catalog is the major drawback to the platform. IOW, pissing off
> developers is the last thing Google should be doing right now.

Amusingly enough it's the defenses that Android has because it can
multitask that are killing high end development for it. 16MB heap
renders the phone just about useless for the high end stuff.

--
------
David Sauter

Sundog

Jan 6, 2010, 6:38:15 PM1/6/10
to Android Developers
I have ceased development on Android entirely. I am now just
supporting my 2 apps - one of them a bestseller, the other an OpenGL
flight game - as best I can. I'm sure the soundboard authors and the
flashlight authors will keep up the stream of garbage, but I'll bet
I'm not the only actual quality developer to say "no more".

It really is hard to see how Google could have possibly screwed this
up any more. It's been a long, slow, two-year trainwreck.

String

Jan 7, 2010, 5:39:28 AM1/7/10
to Android Developers
On Jan 5, 10:25 pm, David Sauter <del...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Does it raise the hard coded heap limit?

FYI, heap limit has had the potential to go beyond 16MB since 2.0.
It's being set on a device basis, and the theory is that it's tied to
screen/camera size: devices with more pixels on the screen or camera
need more memory to work with larger images, so they get more heap. I
believe the Droid has 24MB, for example; don't know about the N1 (I
can't afford one on what I make from Android apps).

Still waiting for the 2.1 SDK as well, and hoping that my apps aren't
too badly broken...

String

Streets Of Boston

Jan 7, 2010, 10:06:36 AM1/7/10
to Android Developers
I tried a whole bunch of apps on the Nexus One.
So far, all of them worked fine!

Matt Kanninen

Jan 8, 2010, 7:04:57 PM1/8/10
to Android Developers
I've found that you have to write firmware and or hardware specific
camera code. As such I didn't touch the code inherited that worked on
every Android handset.

But it doesn't work on the Nexus. Mind you I saw similar
"setParameters failed" errors on other handsets in the logs, but it
just seemed like the sort of silent error I expect the Android
framework to make. Everything worked on the other handsets, it just
had error messages in the log. Now it crashes the app.

I request an SDK update. Also can we get a blog post about best
practices for using the camera?

I would also like a cookie.

Thanks a bunch, exception details follow:

01-08 15:58:11.548: WARN/System.err(5376): java.lang.RuntimeException:
setParameters failed
01-08 15:58:11.568: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.hardware.Camera.native_setParameters(Native Method)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.hardware.Camera.setParameters(Camera.java:619)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
com.company.apps.activities.Preview.surfaceChanged(activityname.java:
154)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.SurfaceView.updateWindow(SurfaceView.java:460)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.SurfaceView.dispatchDraw(SurfaceView.java:287)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1529)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1258)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.View.draw(View.java:6538)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.widget.FrameLayout.draw(FrameLayout.java:352)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewGroup.drawChild(ViewGroup.java:1531)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchDraw(ViewGroup.java:1258)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.View.draw(View.java:6538)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.widget.FrameLayout.draw(FrameLayout.java:352)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.draw
(PhoneWindow.java:1830)
01-08 15:58:11.578: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewRoot.draw(ViewRoot.java:1349)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewRoot.performTraversals(ViewRoot.java:1114)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1633)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4363)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
01-08 15:58:11.588: WARN/System.err(5376): at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run
(ZygoteInit.java:860)
01-08 15:58:11.598: WARN/System.err(5376): at
com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
01-08 15:58:11.598: WARN/System.err(5376): at
dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
01-08 15:58:11.598: ERROR/
com.company.apps.activities.activityname.Preview(5376): ERROR DURING
surfaceChanged, QUITTING ACTIVITY
01-08 15:58:11.628: WARN/InputManagerService(67): Starting input on
non-focused client com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub
$Proxy@44a1eaa8 (uid=10045 pid=5376)

Mark Murphy

Jan 8, 2010, 7:08:00 PM1/8/10
Matt Kanninen wrote:
> I've found that you have to write firmware and or hardware specific
> camera code. As such I didn't touch the code inherited that worked on
> every Android handset.
>
> But it doesn't work on the Nexus. Mind you I saw similar
> "setParameters failed" errors on other handsets in the logs, but it
> just seemed like the sort of silent error I expect the Android
> framework to make. Everything worked on the other handsets, it just
> had error messages in the log. Now it crashes the app.

Could you tell us what is in your Camera.Parameters?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Training: http://commonsware.com/training

Jason Proctor

Jan 8, 2010, 7:16:23 PM1/8/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
>Could you tell us what is in your Camera.Parameters?

it would be really nice if the piece of code that got annoyed said
*what* had annoyed it!

otherwise it's "can you guess the number Android is thinking of" all
over again.

#bettererrormessagesplease #soapbox

--
jason.vp.engineering.particle

Dianne Hackborn

Jan 9, 2010, 4:56:16 PM1/9/10
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Jason Proctor <jason.and...@gmail.com> wrote:
it would be really nice if the piece of code that got annoyed said *what* had annoyed it!
 otherwise it's "can you guess the number Android is thinking of" all over again.
 #bettererrormessagesplease #soapbox

#patcheswelcome

Though in this case what you will probably find is that the error is happening down in the HAL for the device's camera, so propagating more detailed information back up into the Java layer is tricky, which is why it isn't happening.  Not to say it wouldn't be nice to improve, but probably a fair amount of effort to do so.

If this is the case, it is also nothing to do with 2.1 but specific to the Nexus device.  Which is also likely because, as I've said, the 2.1 software it really very similar to 2.0.1 in all of the generic parts...  and really, I'll bet there are far fewer differences between the 2.0.1 and 2.1 platforms than there are between say some version of the platform and one with HTC's Sense customizations. :}

Anyway, before people jump all over me -- these are all areas we have and will continue to improve the platform in.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer

vorcigernix

Jan 10, 2010, 11:18:43 AM1/10/10
to Android Developers
Whole idea of having google "superphone" and write some main parts of
OS as closed source bits for that device is flawed from beginning.
On other hand, if your code works on 2.01, then it should work on
nexus (except that hw related things). I am missing some big notice on
developers page month before, saying : "There will be phone with major
market penetration, which uses 2.01; fix your apps guys"

And..android was never a real opensource system. Google is kind to let
us access parts main parts of OS, that's it.

nexbug

Jan 10, 2010, 8:32:22 PM1/10/10
to Android Developers
Users reporting that the notification lights are not working as on
earlier devices(let alone LED color customization). Have been chasing
around trying to figure this out until i realized none of the apps are
showing the flashing notification which we have all come to expect on
the device. Not even SMS messages.

I am sure the dog-fooders used the phone long enough to notice that
the typical flashing notification light on top never seems to light up
for notifications. Maybe its only to indicate charging..

While the pulsing trackball is nice, it is not as noticeable, and its
colors cannot be manipulated.

(of course unless i am missing something very obvious)

-g

Kent Loobey

Jan 10, 2010, 11:25:52 PM1/10/10
On Sunday 10 January 2010 17:32:22 nexbug wrote:
> Users reporting that the notification lights are not working as on
> earlier devices(let alone LED color customization). Have been chasing
> around trying to figure this out until i realized none of the apps are
> showing the flashing notification which we have all come to expect on
> the device. Not even SMS messages.
>
> I am sure the dog-fooders used the phone long enough to notice that
> the typical flashing notification light on top never seems to light up
> for notifications. Maybe its only to indicate charging..
>
> While the pulsing trackball is nice, it is not as noticeable, and its
> colors cannot be manipulated.
>
> (of course unless i am missing something very obvious)

http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=27201&topic=27212&answer=168442#1074245

String

Jan 11, 2010, 2:39:58 AM1/11/10
to Android Developers
Looks to me like the LED on top is purely to indicate charge status,
while notifications come through the trackball light:
http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=27201&topic=27212&answer=168442#1074245

IOW, it's not a bug, it's a feature.

String

PS: *Still* waiting for a 2.1 SDK...

nexbug

Jan 11, 2010, 10:15:30 AM1/11/10
to Android Developers
"The status light (to the right of the earpiece) and the Trackball
change colors, flash, or glow briefly to inform you of the charging
status of the phone and other important information.

I was hopeful "other important information" meant it would work as the
primary notification..

Many users rely on changing status lights on the other devices, and
this could be a blow to some of them who want to move to the N1.

Like buying a high end car and realizing it doesnt have a rear view
mirror :-). I guess no one who dogfooded this one ever needed the
traditional notification lights.. The pulsing trackball is NOT a step
ahead if you know what i mean, its a really nice thing, but not at the
expense of the original LED notification scheme.

-g

On Jan 10, 11:39 pm, String <sterling.ud...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Looks to me like the LED on top is purely to indicate charge status,

> while notifications come through the trackball light:http://www.google.com/support/android/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&gui...

> IOW, it's not a bug, it's a feature.
>
> String
>
> PS: *Still* waiting for a 2.1 SDK...
>
> On Jan 11, 1:32 am, nexbug <gsuku...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Users reporting that the notification lights are not working as on
> > earlier devices(let alone LED color customization). Have been chasing
> > around trying to figure this out until i realized none of the apps are
> > showing the flashing notification which we have all come to expect on
> > the device. Not even SMS messages.
>
> > I am sure the dog-fooders used the phone long enough to notice that
> > the typical flashing notification light on top never seems to light up
> > for notifications. Maybe its only to indicate charging..
>
> > While the pulsing trackball is nice, it is not as noticeable, and its
> > colors cannot be manipulated.
>
> > (of course unless i am missing something very obvious)
>
> > -g
>
> > On Jan 10, 8:18 am, vorcigernix <vorciger...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Whole idea of having google "superphone" and write some main parts of
> > > OS as closed source bits for that device is flawed from beginning.
> > > On other hand, if your code works on 2.01, then it should work on
> > > nexus (except that hw related things). I am missing some big notice on
> > > developers page month before, saying : "There will be phone with major
> > > market penetration, which uses 2.01; fix your apps guys"
>
> > > And..android was never a real opensource system. Google is kind to let

> > > us access parts main parts of OS, that's it.- Hide quoted text -

iPaul Pro

Jan 11, 2010, 2:36:56 PM1/11/10
to Android Developers
This is ridiculous. It's getting harder-and-harder to ignore Google's
total lack of consideration for its developers.

Paul Burke
Finer Mobile

Kevin Duffey

Jan 11, 2010, 2:46:56 PM1/11/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Paul... what are you talking about? Lack of consideration how? Please provide details as your post here is pretty vague. Are you saying because the LED doesn't allow us to use it for all sorts of purposes that google doesnt regard us developers?

I am curious where the 2.1 SDK is. I was told my Droid would have an update a couple days later.. still don't see 2.1 available and I am not able to find the 2.1 SDK in Eclipse either. Is there any timeline anyone knows of when we'll be able to get it.. at least for development?

iPaul Pro

Jan 11, 2010, 6:34:22 PM1/11/10
to Android Developers
> Paul... what are you talking about? Lack of consideration how? Please
> provide details as your post here is pretty vague. Are you saying because
> the LED doesn't allow us to use it for all sorts of purposes that google
> doesnt regard us developers?

I was referring to the fact that the 2.1 SDK is still not available
and, in general, Google's trend of zero communication with developers.
How long does it take to post a "Coming soon, we're sorry." message to
the developer blog? Am I really supposed to be forced to look through
blog coverage of press releases and leaks to get pertinent details of
Android development and SDK release dates?

If 2.1 really so similar to 2.0.1, what's the hold up?

Kevin - Having been an Android developer for almost a year now, it's
getting harder and harder to stay on top of Android development, and
truthfully, Google has done little to help.

> > android-develop...@googlegroups.com<android-developers%2Bunsubs cr...@googlegroups.com>

Kevin Duffey

Jan 11, 2010, 6:39:24 PM1/11/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
Ah.. ok.. that was more clear. I've only been working with it a couple months, haven't seen any real issues. Can you list..perhaps in a private email... some issues you are having? I would agree tho that it should be relatively easy to put up a simple "it will be available on this date.." message. I've been checking my AVD every day to see if it was there. Apparently it was just announced that its now available.

iPaul Pro

Jan 11, 2010, 6:42:26 PM1/11/10
to Android Developers
> Apparently it was just announced that its now available.
Thats pretty funny.

>Can you list..perhaps in a private email... some issues you are having?

I will shoot you that email when I get a chance.

budziq

Jan 11, 2010, 6:47:59 PM1/11/10
to Android Developers

On 12 Sty, 00:42, iPaul Pro <mr.paulbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Apparently it was just announced that its now available.
>
> Thats pretty funny.

Well, 2.1 SDK really is available. Just check for your self :)

Elvis Prokopis

Jan 11, 2010, 6:44:49 PM1/11/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com

elvis.p...@gmail.com