Applications being developed by Google on Android

1 view

abalogh

Nov 15, 2007, 4:53:18 AM11/15/07
to Android Developers
Hi,

Is there any information what applications are being developed or
already done for Android
by Google?
Example if I want to develop a Calendar Application for the contest
but Google is already
developing their Calendar solution than I have no chance with my small
application.

Thanks,
Andras

Gennady

Nov 15, 2007, 6:18:58 AM11/15/07
to Android Developers
Hi,

Android will ship with a calendar. Look at http://code.google.com/android/what-is-android.html
(section Applications)

== Android will ship with a set of core applications including an
email client,
== SMS program, calendar, maps, browser, contacts, and others.

But I don't now will it be a Google application or maybe yours.

barbapapaz

Nov 15, 2007, 6:21:28 AM11/15/07
to Android Developers
unfortunately they aren't

It's difficult because I think that google don't want restraint
developer

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien

Nov 15, 2007, 1:22:45 PM11/15/07
to Android Developers
You can try to make one as best as you can. Maybe yours would be
better? ;)

AndroidBoards.com

Nov 15, 2007, 1:30:28 PM11/15/07
to Android Developers
I'd like to see a community-built calendar. And synching with Google
Calendars would be...

Glorioussss!

-D

On Nov 15, 12:22 pm, "Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien"

Benno

Nov 17, 2007, 1:00:07 AM11/17/07
to Android Developers
After some exploration of Android internals, I found these error
messages during
one of the startup applications:

File not found: /system/app/AlarmProvider.apk
File not found: /system/app/Calendar.apk
File not found: /system/app/Camera.apk
File not found: /system/app/GDataFeedsProvider.apk
File not found: /system/app/Gmail.apk
File not found: /system/app/GmailProvider.apk
File not found: /system/app/MediaPickerActivity.apk
File not found: /system/app/PimProvider.apk
File not found: /system/app/ApiDemos.apk
File not found: /system/app/Sms.apk
File not found: /system/app/SyncProvider.apk
File not found: /system/app/YouTube.apk

This should give some idea of what it coming.

On Nov 15, 8:53 pm, abalogh <abal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any information what applications are being developed or
> already done for Android
> byGoogle?
> Example if I want to develop a CalendarApplicationfor the contest
> butGoogleis already

fipac

Nov 18, 2007, 8:04:52 AM11/18/07
to Android Developers

Hi,

Where are described the content providers for the shipped applications
(i.e. email client)?

thanks,
Eduardo