Re: How to make an application run at boot-up?

Message has been deleted

Charlie Collins

Dec 10, 2008, 5:56:33 AM12/10/08
to Android Developers
You need to create a BroadcastReceiver, use the RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED
permission in the manifest, and catch the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED
action.

http://code.google.com/android/reference/android/content/Intent.html#ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED

On Dec 9, 6:05 am, VVPrasad <vvprasad.Chalum...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can some one please help us know how to make an application run at
> boot-up?
>
> Thanks in advance
> --VVPrasad

Charlie Collins

Dec 10, 2008, 6:01:39 AM12/10/08
to Android Developers
Re-reading your question, I may not understand exactly what you want
to do on second thought. I use the receiver approach to start
Services at boot time, I am not sure if you can start an Activity that
way or not - but either way you probably don't really want to start an
"application" (meaning Activity) at boot time? That would be annoying
for users (unless it's a special case, closed platform only for your
corporate users or something - and even then still annoying).