Nexus can't install/update software anymore

Pentiumao

Jun 22, 2010, 11:12:54 AM6/22/10
to Android Developers
Hi everyone,
today, when I debug my software on my nexus one, suddenly can't not
install correctly, then I check the logs as following:

06-22 22:50:33.341: DEBUG/VoldCmdListener(54): asec list
06-22 22:50:33.350: INFO/ActivityManager(85): Displayed activity
com.android.packageinstaller/.InstallAppProgress: 392 ms (total 392
ms)
06-22 22:50:33.470: INFO/PackageHelper(1673): Size of container 3 MB
1728967 bytes
06-22 22:50:33.480: ERROR/PackageHelper(1673): Failed to create secure
container smdl2tmp1
06-22 22:50:33.480: ERROR/DefContainer(1673): Failed to create
container smdl2tmp1
06-22 22:50:33.480: DEBUG/VoldCmdListener(54): asec create smdl2tmp1 3
fat {} 10073
06-22 22:50:33.480: ERROR/Vold(54): ASEC file '/mnt/secure/asec/
smdl2tmp1.asec' currently exists - destroy it first! (No such device
or address)
06-22 22:50:33.480: WARN/Vold(54): Returning OperationFailed - no
handler for errno 98
btw, my nexus has been updated to Froyo(2.2).

After that, I found that I can't install or update software anymore,
through the log, problem maybe on the '/mnt/secure/asec/
smdl2tmp1.asec' file, but I can't browse it because of permission.

Hope somebody can help me out, thank you.

Mark Murphy

Jun 22, 2010, 11:29:48 AM6/22/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Pentiumao <pent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> btw, my nexus has been updated to Froyo(2.2).

No, it hasn't. Android 2.2 has not shipped. You have upgraded to a
test build of Froyo.

> After that, I found that I can't install or update software anymore,
> through the log, problem maybe on the '/mnt/secure/asec/
> smdl2tmp1.asec' file, but I can't browse it because of permission.

Try a blank SD card in your device. I think /mnt/secure might be a
loopback device for a file on the SD card.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android Training...At Your Office: http://commonsware.com/training

Dianne Hackborn

Jun 22, 2010, 12:50:25 PM6/22/10
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
/mnt/secure is the directory where secure containers holding apps installed on SD card get mounted.  On the SD card, they appear as a single file, under something like .android_secure (can't remember the exact name).  The file name should contain the package name of the app.  You could try deleting the file for your app from the SD card.

Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer
hac...@android.com

Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support, and so won't reply to such e-mails.  All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Pentiumao

Jun 22, 2010, 10:43:40 PM6/22/10
to Android Developers
It works, I deleted the file "smdl2tmp1.asec" under
sdcard/.android_secure, thank you very much :)