Android SDK Content Loader gets stuck....

Richard Schilling

May 5, 2009, 6:37:36 PM5/5/09
to Android Developers
I am seeing the project refresh in Eclipse get stuck when it runs the
Android SDK Content Loader. Does anyone else see this?

Any clue on cancelling this task? When I click the red square, the
IDE just sits there.

Restarting eclipse doesn't help - the IDE just starts this task again
when it is restarted.

Thanks.

Richard Schilling
Root Wireless
www.rootwireless.com

Damanique

May 8, 2009, 8:16:45 AM5/8/09
to Android Developers
I had the same problem. It seemed that the Android Package Builder
kept hanging on certain projects. The only solution I could find was
to remove those projects from the workspace using the file system (not
Eclipse). I'm not sure what is causing the error.

On May 6, 12:37 am, Richard Schilling <richard.rootwirel...@gmail.com>

az9...@gmail.com

May 9, 2009, 10:43:49 AM5/9/09
to Android Developers
I ran into same problem after switching to the new SDK. When Eclipse
starts, the Android SDK Content Loader is stuck (always at 60% in my
IDE).

Closing & restarting Eclipse a few times sometimes helps but success
is not guaranteed.

The latest Android plugin 0.9 does not help solve this problem.

The following workaround was tried last two days & it works well so
far:

* Turn off automatic build
Projects -> Build Automatically (turn this off)

This stops building workspace when Eclipse starts. The Loader still
runs but it is no longer stuck in my case.

* Turn off Clean options:
Projects -> Clean -> Clean all projects - turn off
Projects -> Clean -> Start a build immediately - turn off

After Eclipse starts OK w/o getting stuck, optionally turn on
"Projects -> Build Automatically".
This rebuilds the workspace. In my case, workspace is rebuilt w/o
further problem.
Message has been deleted

Raphael

May 14, 2009, 11:37:41 AM5/14/09
to android-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM, az9...@gmail.com <az9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After I switched to SDK 1.5,  the Android SDK Content Loader is stuck
> when Eclipse starts.
> In my case, it is always stuck at 60%.

Interesting. Can you help me debug this? I'd like to understand where
it gets stuck.

If you're on Linux, start Eclipse from the command-line. IIRC when it
gets stuck press Control-C and it will dump a stack trace of all the
threads.

In case the Control-C trick doesn't work, e.g. if you're on Windows, I
successfully used the StackTrace tool from
http://www.adaptj.com/main/download in the past, it's a web start for
Linux, MacOS and Windows : point it to the Eclipse JVM and it will
create a stack trace of the running threads.

Please do that if you can and email me the stack trace privately (it's
quite long).

Thanks in advance
R/

az9...@gmail.com

May 14, 2009, 4:14:25 PM5/14/09
to Android Developers
Stack trace was sent by email. Part of it is shown below.

Trace was captured on Eclipse start (after turning back on "Projects-
>Build Automatically") & Android SDK Content Loader stuck at 60%.

Let us know what you find or send more detailed info on capturing
trace dump.

##-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

StackTrace Remote Thread" prio=6 tid=0x36afc800 nid=0xfac runnable
[0x00000000..0x38a9fa60]
java.lang.Thread.State: RUNNABLE

"Timer-1" prio=6 tid=0x36ed4000 nid=0x12cc in Object.wait()
[0x3b69f000..0x3b69fd94]
java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
- waiting on <0x071a7cd8> (a java.util.TaskQueue)
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
- locked <0x071a7cd8> (a java.util.TaskQueue)
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

"Worker-46" prio=6 tid=0x36d8d800 nid=0x16c in Object.wait()
[0x3b49f000..0x3b49fa94]
java.lang.Thread.State: TIMED_WAITING (on object monitor)
at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ThreadJob.joinRun(ThreadJob.java:
189)
- locked <0x05678bb8> (a java.lang.Object)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.ImplicitJobs.begin
(ImplicitJobs.java:87)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.JobManager.beginRule
(JobManager.java:230)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.WorkManager.checkIn
(WorkManager.java:117)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.prepareOperation
(Workspace.java:1747)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:
1795)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.ProjectReferenceChange.updateProjectReferencesIfNecessary
(ProjectReferenceChange.java:107)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.ChangeClasspathOperation.classpathChanged
(ChangeClasspathOperation.java:59)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.SetContainerOperation.executeOperation
(SetContainerOperation.java:110)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.run
(JavaModelOperation.java:716)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:
1800)
at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.runOperation
(JavaModelOperation.java:782)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.setClasspathContainer(JavaCore.java:
4616)
at
com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.project.internal.AndroidClasspathContainerInitializer.updateProjects
(Unknown Source)
at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.AdtPlugin$13.run(Unknown Source)
- locked <0x0629aef8> (a java.util.ArrayList)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

On May 14, 8:37 am, Raphael <r...@android.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:11 PM, az9...@gmail.com <az9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > After I switched to SDK 1.5,  the Android SDK Content Loader is stuck
> > when Eclipse starts.
> > In my case, it is always stuck at 60%.
>
> Interesting. Can you help me debug this? I'd like to understand where
> it gets stuck.
>
> If you're on Linux, start Eclipse from the command-line. IIRC when it
> gets stuck press Control-C and it will dump a stack trace of all the
> threads.
>
> In case the Control-C trick doesn't work, e.g. if you're on Windows, I
> successfully used the StackTrace tool fromhttp://www.adaptj.com/main/downloadin the past, it's a web start for

Jakob Sachse

Jun 8, 2009, 1:02:52 PM6/8/09
to Android Developers
I am having the same trouble, is there any workaround that tourned out
to be working?
> > successfully used the StackTrace tool fromhttp://www.adaptj.com/main/downloadinthe past, it's a web start for

dana

Jun 8, 2009, 1:54:43 PM6/8/09
to Android Developers
Ssame issue for me, any solutions?

On Jun 8, 10:02 am, Jakob Sachse <jako...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am having the same trouble, is there any workaround that tourned out
> to be working?
>
> On 14 Mai, 22:14, "az9...@gmail.com" <az9...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Stack trace was sent  by email. Part of it is shown below.
>
> > Trace was captured on Eclipse start (after turning back on "Projects-
>
> > >Build Automatically") &  Android SDK Content Loader stuck at 60%.
>
> > Let us know what you find or send more detailed info on capturing
> > trace dump.
>
> > ##-------------------------------------------------------------------------­------------------------------------
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.ProjectReferenceChange.updateProjectReference­sIfNecessary
> > (ProjectReferenceChange.java:107)
> >         at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.ChangeClasspathOperation.classpathChanged
> > (ChangeClasspathOperation.java:59)
> >         at
> > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.SetContainerOperation.executeOperation
> > (SetContainerOperation.java:110)
> >         at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.run
> > (JavaModelOperation.java:716)
> >         at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:
> > 1800)
> >         at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.runOperation
> > (JavaModelOperation.java:782)
> >         at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.setClasspathContainer(JavaCore.java:
> > 4616)
> >         at
> > com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.project.internal.AndroidClasspathContainerIniti­alizer.updateProjects
> > (Unknown Source)
> >         at com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.AdtPlugin$13.run(Unknown Source)
> >         - locked <0x0629aef8> (a java.util.ArrayList)
> >         at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

> > > Interesting. Can you help me debug this? I'd like to understand where
> > > it gets stuck.
>
> > > If you're on Linux, start Eclipse from the command-line. IIRC when it
> > > gets stuck press Control-C and it will dump a stack trace of all the
> > > threads.
>
> > > In case the Control-C trick doesn't work, e.g. if you're on Windows, I
> > > successfully used the StackTrace tool fromhttp://www.adaptj.com/main/downloadinthepast, it's a web start for
> > > Linux, MacOS and Windows : point it to the Eclipse JVM and it will
> > > create a stack trace of the running threads.
>
> > > Please do that if you can and email me the stack trace privately (it's
> > > quite long).
>
> > > Thanks in advance
> > > R/- Hide quoted text -

az9702

Jun 9, 2009, 2:11:03 AM6/9/09
to Android Developers
You may want to try turning off "Projects -> Build Automatically"

This workaround works in my IDE every time.