Android Developers — Discuss developing Android applications using the Android SDK. Get help with troubleshooting apps, advice on implementation, and strategies for improving your app's speed and user experience.
To get the most out of this group, please do the following before you post:
- Read the FAQs. The most common questions are addressed in this frequently updated list.
- New here? If you're just starting with Android application development and have a beginner-level question, consider asking it on Stack Overflow.
- Search the Android developer site for your topic. This search encompasses all previous discussions, across all groups, as well as the full contents of the site, documentation, and blogs. Chances are good that somebody has run into the same issue before.
- Bugs/Feature Requests: Report them in the Android Issue Tracker.
- Be very clear about your question in the subject — it helps everyone, both those trying to answer your question as well as those who may be looking for information in the future. Also give plenty of details in your post to help others understand your problem. Code or log snippets, as well as pointers to screenshots, may also be helpful. For a great guide to phrasing your questions, please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.
- Posts about job openings or from recruiters are considered spam. This list gets too many, and it drowns out the actual conversations. Making these types of posts will get your account banned without warning.
You might also be interested in our other Android groups; for a full list, please see our developer forums overview
. In particular, if you have general Android questions (unrelated to development), check out the android-discuss