Will android-n-preview ever be merged into android-7.1.1?

Igor Kalkov

Jan 8, 2017, 8:06:31 PM1/8/17
to Android Contributors
Hi,

I'm curious how your development / merge process looks like and whether we can expect a merge any soon.
Two examples of why I think such merge (or whatever) would be useful:

* android-n-preview-5: Most commits are 6 month old and they already contain some fixes I'd be happy to have
* android-7.1.1_r13: Most commits are 11 month old

* android-n-preview-5: Most commits are 11 month old, but the two latest commits are 7 month old and contain fixes for deprecated MODE_WORLD_READABLE / MODE_WORLD_WRITEABLE modes
* android-7.1.1_r13: Latest commits are 7 month old, but no fix for the mode issue, leading to a crash in  the application

Thanks!

Brian Carlstrom

Jan 8, 2017, 8:50:57 PM1/8/17
to android...@googlegroups.com, Bill Yi, enh
+byi for merge process
+enh for toybox

I'm not personally sure, but I thought preview release branches focused mostly on GPL compliance.
the 7.1.1 branches should be what we have released, but aosp/master may have newer fixes.

-bri

--

---