Email App Contribion: Development Env Setup

Les Potter

Mar 26, 2018, 11:18:42 AM3/26/18
to Android Contributors
Where can I find information on setting up a developers environment for contributing to the AOSP Email App?

Background:
1.  I know how to pull and build all of AOSP.
2.  I have (in the past) pulled each module needed for Email from the AOSP
2.a.  I had collected (pulled from AOSP) the modules into an Android Source project of my own design
2.b.  I had reshaped the modules to more closely follow the AS project conventions
2.c.  I had crafted Gradle scripts for each module and the project to build the conglomerate.
3.  I have modified the app for my own purposes (different package, receivers, providers, services, etc)
4.  I have built, installed, run the custom version, no problems.

So, I know how to turn it into a custom project and build it.  I am interested in knowing how the Email team pulls, edits, and builds the code when they are working on bugs.  What would an outsider do to mimic that process and become a contributor?