Perst 3.0 embedded database for Android released

Ted

Jun 3, 2008, 5:06:18 PM6/3/08
to Android Challenge
Does your application for Android need a fast, efficient open source
embedded database?

McObject has released version 3.0 of Perst, its all-Java, Android-
ready open source, object-oriented embedded database. Additions in 3.0
include built-in full text search, to provide highly efficient text
indexing and searching within Perst databases.

Also new: a 38-page Introduction and Tutorial that leads users through
Perst’s features and design principles step-by-step, with ample code
illustrations.

Download Perst 3.0 for Java with complete source code here:
http://www.mcobject.com/downloads.php?step=2&catID=4.

Download the new Introduction and Tutorial here:
http://www.mcobject.com/downloads.php?step=6&id=86.

For more information about the Perst embedded database for Android,
see http://www.mcobject.com/android.

Regards,

Ted Kenney
McObject
www.mcobject.com

Kornelius Tuggerson

Jun 4, 2008, 1:11:33 PM6/4/08
to Android Challenge
Hey Ted, is there a comparison chart for Perst and Derby? I'd be very
interested to see how they compare, but I don't have time to do the
evaluation myself.