Who join Google I/O

AKIRA

May 22, 2008, 8:21:08 PM5/22/08
to Android Challenge
Dear ADChallenger.

I am ADChallenger, we applied 7 application to ADC.
And then, we are looser, but some application is top 25th percentil.

I will join Google I/O from Japan.
Who of challenger join I/O?

Anybody hold party of Challenger?

Akira Sasaki
ak...@gclue.com

Kornelius Tuggerson

May 22, 2008, 9:18:04 PM5/22/08
to Android Challenge
I was gonna go to the conference in San-Francisco, but my boss
wouldn't let me use company funds for a plane ticket and $600 ticket +
$400 admission fee is a bit too steep for me right now. I didn't
really have a challenge party as I just wanted to relax and not deal
with the hassle of throwing a party by the time April 15th rolled
around.

Hong

May 22, 2008, 10:31:49 PM5/22/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there :)
Hope to see many of you guys there :)

C-LIS Keiji Ariyama

May 22, 2008, 11:00:09 PM5/22/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akira,

I participate in Google I/O from Osaka Japan.
I'm looking forward to meet you and other challengers.

Regards,

--
Keiji Ariyama <ml_an...@c-lis.co.jp>

Josh Guilfoyle

May 23, 2008, 12:12:17 PM5/23/08
to Android Challenge
I'll be there. I'm from Seattle, and submitted this app: http://five.googlecode.com

On May 22, 8:00 pm, C-LIS Keiji Ariyama <ml_andr...@c-lis.co.jp>
wrote:
> Keiji Ariyama <ml_andr...@c-lis.co.jp>

Hong

May 23, 2008, 12:23:34 PM5/23/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Five is awesome!  Hope to see you there in person Josh!

AKIRA

May 24, 2008, 5:08:10 AM5/24/08
to Android Challenge
>Kornelius Tuggerson

Next time, Let's talk about you and our Android Application.
And where country, do you live?
Asia Area? or Europe Area or Ameria Area?

AKIRA

May 24, 2008, 5:23:23 AM5/24/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Hong
Hi Kenji
Hi Josh

I'm looking forward to meet you!

And we try to schedule for android party.
Do you have any idea for it?

Kenji and I(akira) join from Japan.
And hong, where are you from?
And Josh from Seattle.

Hong

May 24, 2008, 8:59:07 AM5/24/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Akira,

I'm from New York.  I will private email my phone # to you, so give me a call when u r there.
I'm not very familiar with SF, but there are lots of places we can go, fishman's warf (?) is a nice place, fresh seafood and beach :)

Ulzii

May 25, 2008, 3:59:29 PM5/25/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Akira,

I am from Denver, Colorado for the Google I/O.
See you in the morning on 28th May 2008.
Ulzii

AKIRA

May 25, 2008, 4:36:36 PM5/25/08
to Android Challenge
Hi, Hong
Hi, Ulzii!

http://code.google.com/events/io/agenda.html
After Hours at Google I/O 's time, maybe, we can meet .

My signpost, I will bring "Original Android Phone" to there.

"Original Android Phone"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26980592@N06/2522413826/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26980592@N06/2521595371/
> > fishman's warf (?) is a nice place, fresh seafood and beach :)- 引用テキストを表示しない -
>
> - 引用テキストを表示 -

Hong

May 25, 2008, 7:06:17 PM5/25/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
My signpost, I will bring "Original Android Phone" to there.

"Original Android Phone"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26980592@N06/2522413826/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26980592@N06/2521595371/
Your phone looks HOT!!!

AKIRA

May 27, 2008, 3:15:51 PM5/27/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Hong.

I arrived at SF.
And I stay InterContinental Hotel.

> Your phone looks HOT!!!
Thank you!!

I would like to meeting you!

finn.k...@gmail.com

May 27, 2008, 10:24:02 PM5/27/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
At Intercontinental as well. Anyone meeting up tonight? At hotel at the moment.

Finn

Jeffrey Sharkey

May 28, 2008, 1:02:09 AM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
I've walked around earlier tonight and saw some of the Google I/O
setup. Friend of mine posted pics on flickr. :) Trying to figure
out what is for breakfast tomorrow morning--I'm thinking it will be a
pretty big spread.

http://flickr.com/photos/8326556@N08/

AKIRA

May 28, 2008, 5:55:54 AM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Jeffrey

I will join sesson this.

Google I/O 2008/05/28
An Introduction on Android(Web:11:15a-12:15pm) Jason Chen
Building an Android Application 101(Web 12:30pm-1:30pm) Jason Chen
Anatomy & Physiology of an Android( Web 1:45pm-2:45pm ) Patrick Brady

Google I/O 2008/05/29
Inside the Android Application Framework( Thu 12:45pm - 1:45pm)
Android EnginneringMobile Mashups (Thu 2:00pm - 3:00pm)
Android EngineeringFireside Chat: Android( Thu 3:15pm - 4:15pm)Android
Engineering

If you conntact me,
Please write my Twitter
-> http://twitter.com/akira0015
Or Please Contact my GTalk
-> ak...@gclue.com
I am online alltimes.

Akira

AKIRA

May 28, 2008, 6:12:33 AM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
Hi AD Challenger

I make Twitter account for ADC at Google I/O

Please use for exchange information of Google I/O
https://twitter.com/androidio

Lordhong

May 28, 2008, 4:34:46 PM5/28/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I'm at the same hotel!!!
Room 2001
I'm at room 7 now

AKIRA

May 28, 2008, 5:04:13 PM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
Hi. Lordhong.

Now, I met Ariyama in Room7, now.
We stand at front of left side.

On 5月29日, 午前5:34, Lordhong <lordh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm at the same hotel!!!
> Room 2001
> I'm at room 7 now

plusminus

May 28, 2008, 5:50:07 PM5/28/08
to Android Challenge
If someone is interested in writing a short review on his experienced
during Google IO, to share it with the community, please let me
know :)

Regards, plusminus
http://anddev.org
# Worlds largest Android Development Community / Tutorials

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien

May 29, 2008, 2:21:15 PM5/29/08
to Android Challenge
So you are not in Google I/O?

Regards,
Ted

On May 28, 2:50 pm, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
> If someone is interested in writing a short review on his experienced
> during Google IO, to share it with the community, please let me
> know :)
>
> Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org

AKIRA

May 29, 2008, 6:13:50 PM5/29/08
to Android Challenge
Hi Tai

I can write short review, but my english is poor.
So I take picture that reating Android.

Ted (Hsiang-Tai) Chien のメッセージ:

Seni Sangrujee

May 30, 2008, 11:41:17 AM5/30/08
to Android Challenge
> If someone is interested in writing a short review on his experienced
> during Google IO, to share it with the community, please let me
> know :)

Hi plusminus, this isn't a full review, but here are some takeaways I
got from Google I/O for those that couldn't make it. If I remembered
anything incorrectly, someone please correct me.

You should definitely check out the Android Fireside Chat clips when
they put them on YouTube. I thought this session was the best one. I
have to admit that I was pretty burned out on Android for the last
couple of months after much initial enthusiasm, but this session in
particular fired me up again.

Random stuff off the top of my head:

- The actual handset demo during the keynote was great. (see
youtube) It had been hinted a while ago that it would look very
iPhone-like, and this was definitely true.
- Developers will be able to get phones at the same time they're
available to the general public.
- The browser will have no location info available for pure webapps.
The recommendation is to build an app using WebView if you're eyeing a
mostly web-based app that requires location info.
- xmpp is off the 1.0 feature list, but likely soon after
- Gears will likely not make it in the 1.0 release. The priority is
to get something shipped.
- complete NMEA sentence should be available to the app layer
- debugging on the device sounds very smooth with some killer tools
available
- The patching system to provide updates sounds impressive
- There were a couple of vague mentions about a "YouTube-like" site
for Android apps where users could "favorite" apps so that popular
apps would get visibility. There weren't a lot of details about
this, but it was interesting that both times I heard this mentioned,
they used the same terminology (youtube/favorite).

On May 28, 2:50 pm, plusminus <stoeps...@gmx.de> wrote:
> If someone is interested in writing a short review on his experienced
> during Google IO, to share it with the community, please let me
> know :)
>
> Regards, plusminushttp://anddev.org

Gene Vayngrib

May 31, 2008, 4:22:09 PM5/31/08
to Android Challenge
> - The browser will have no location info available for pure webapps.
> The recommendation is to build an app using WebView if you're eyeing a
> mostly web-based app that requires location info.

you can use for that http://bhoost.com which is an open source WebView
wrapper that provides JavaScript location events
bhoost was our submission to ADC I

> - xmpp is off the 1.0 feature list, but likely soon after

bhoost includes full smack api for IM, group chat
this XMPP stack was tested as part of Web App http://neoyou.org
bhoost activates a separate XMPP service which sends Intents on events
from the server
you can run your own XMPP server, no need to force your users to get
gmail/gtalk account

> - Gears will likely not make it in the 1.0 release. The priority is
> to get something shipped.

bhoost provides a bunch of offline support for Web Apps

mathiastck

Jun 3, 2008, 3:26:52 PM6/3/08
to Android Challenge
This one is eager to hear details about what came out of Google I/O.
I thought I should post this link to a news article I found on the
subject:

"Google shows off smart phone software
'Android' comes with a compass, video game and Web bookmarks"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24864375/

Highlights of said article:

"
The bells and whistles unveiled Wednesday included: a way to unlock
phones by drawing a specific shape on the touchscreen instead of
entering a password; bookmarks for favorite Web sites on the device's
home page; a "compass" tool that automatically roams with the phone
while a user looks at photographic images of a city map; a magnifying
tool to zoom in on Web content; and a mobile version of the video game
"Pac Man."
"

Now I'm gonna go take a look at what I can find on youtube, starting
with this link:
"Google IO2008 Android Fireside Chat - meet the Android leads"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quM0S3ZXhEw

the user SlashGear seems to have uploaded lots of Google IO2008
videos.