ADC-II can be open for all instead of only ADC-1 finalists....

dangling_reference

Jun 6, 2008, 5:01:41 PM6/6/08
to Android Challenge
Any chance of that ?
Since ADC-II is anyways for finished apps that will work on a real
platform, why not make it open to all devs again ?
I know judging will be a huge task but it may open much more scope for
newer, creative apps & some pre-screening process can be setup.....

To save judges' time of actually running apps on real platforms, Pre-
screening can be done on basis of submitted application synopses along
with simple supporting docs like UI screenshots.

Further, a simple format can be defined (specific category of app,
specific utility, how is it different from the already selected ADC-1
finalists, etc etc) for app submission info which can filter out apps
which seem to be duplicate of existing ones / ADC-1 finalists.

This will keep scope open for new ideas only & manual judging effort
will only be required for such new submissions.

Finn Kennedy

Jun 6, 2008, 5:10:11 PM6/6/08
to android-...@googlegroups.com
ADC 2 is open to everyone (except winners of ADC 1 or so rumored), exact time line has not been announced (when phones are out..., at Google I/O early next year was mentioned).

What is currently going on is round 2 of ADC 1, in which the 50 finalists from round 1 compete for 20 prizes.

Finn
http://www.teedroid.com