Whats is your opinion on The Android Developers Union?

Pradeep B V

Mar 1, 2011, 10:22:53 PM3/1/11
to Android Camp

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 10:26:57 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Pradeep B V
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Pradeep B V <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.andevuni.org/

It'll be nice if Google allowed Indian developers to sell apps in the marketplace, to start with.

Kiran

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda

Pradeep B V

Mar 1, 2011, 11:19:18 PM3/1/11
to Kiran Jonnalagadda, androi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:56 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Pradeep B V <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:
http://www.andevuni.org/

It'll be nice if Google allowed Indian developers to sell apps in the marketplace, to start with.

Arent they allowed to do so now? May be what you mean is to say is allow indian bank a/c as backends?

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 11:21:31 PM3/1/11
to Pradeep B V, androi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Pradeep B V <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Arent they allowed to do so now? May be what you mean is to say is allow indian bank a/c as backends?

Not that I'm aware of. Has Google started allowing Indian developers to sell on the market?

Pradeep B V

Mar 1, 2011, 11:25:04 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Kiran Jonnalagadda
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Pradeep B V <prad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Arent they allowed to do so now? May be what you mean is to say is allow indian bank a/c as backends?

Not that I'm aware of. Has Google started allowing Indian developers to sell on the market?

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 11:41:53 PM3/1/11
to Pradeep B V, androi...@googlegroups.com
Just to clarify: it confirms that Indian developers can NOT sell in the Android Market.

Kiran

Swaroop

Mar 1, 2011, 11:43:37 PM3/1/11
to Android Camp
It's great to see more and more Android developers here in India.
Would be great if we can have common meetups with -
http://www.meetup.com/Hyderabad-Android-App-Developers-Entrepreneurs-meetup-group/
They already seem to have over 100 members and had 3 meet ups before.

On Mar 2, 9:25 am, Pradeep B V <pradee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Pradeep B V <pradee...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Arent they allowed to do so now? May be what you mean is to say is allow
> >> indian bank a/c as backends?
>
> > Not that I'm aware of. Has Google started allowing Indian developers to
> > sell on the market?
>
> Yup this thread confirmshttp://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Android+Market/thread?tid=26f19...

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 11:46:53 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Swaroop
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Swaroop <gnanas...@gmail.com> wrote:
It's great to see more and more Android developers here in India.
Would be great if we can have common meetups with -
http://www.meetup.com/Hyderabad-Android-App-Developers-Entrepreneurs-meetup-group/
They already seem to have over 100 members and had 3 meet ups before.

Swaroop, there's a Bangalore Android group too, but their mailing list hasn't had much traffic lately. Any other groups you are aware of?

Kiran

Swaroop T.G.

Mar 1, 2011, 11:58:36 PM3/1/11
to Kiran Jonnalagadda, androi...@googlegroups.com
I haven't met any Android developers offline. I guess this is the only one that came up on SERP :)

Sameer Panchangam

Mar 2, 2011, 12:43:19 AM3/2/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Kiran Jonnalagadda, Swaroop
I think the http://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/ is a fairly active group with close to 800 members - and have organized several (half-a-day to day-long) meetups in the past.

Would be a good idea to loop them in.

---
Best Regards,
Sameer Panchangam
Phone: 91-9900 930 350 | 1-484 843 1550

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 2, 2011, 12:49:06 AM3/2/11
to Sameer Panchangam, androi...@googlegroups.com, Swaroop
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Sameer Panchangam <sameer.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the http://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/ is a fairly active group with close to 800 members - and have organized several (half-a-day to day-long) meetups in the past.

Yes. I'm just a little lost on where the activity is, because there's roughly one post every two weeks on their mailing list. Maybe they were active but have been quiet lately?

I met several of the core team at Google's Android Developer Day last year and suggested AndroidCamp to them, but was busy with DocType HTML5 at that time.

Would be a good idea to loop them in.

I sent an invite to their list and was told it's waiting moderator approval.

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 2, 2011, 12:57:24 AM3/2/11
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Sameer Panchangam <sameer.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the http://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/ is a fairly active group with close to 800 members - and have organized several (half-a-day to day-long) meetups in the past.

Yes. I'm just a little lost on where the activity is, because there's roughly one post every two weeks on their mailing list. Maybe they were active but have been quiet lately?

Looks like they've moved to web-based forums. Posted there: http://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/messages/boards/

Harshad

Mar 2, 2011, 1:56:53 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp

On Mar 2, 8:26 am, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
> It'll be nice if Google allowed Indian developers to sell apps in the
> marketplace, to start with.

+10 to that

It would be good to have some Google representative in the camp, to
put forward this request.