AndroidCamp 1.0

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 8:14:30 AM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
And here we go...

What would you folks like to see in this event?

--
Kiran Jonnalagadda
+91-99452-35123

Kesava Reddy

Mar 1, 2011, 9:05:59 AM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Kiran Jonnalagadda
Who are all there in this group?

Regards
Kesava Reddy.M
--

With Regards & Thanks
Kesava Reddy.M

Numo SolutionsHeadStart  | MoMoB | Twitter  | Linkedin

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 9:07:16 AM3/1/11
to Kesava Reddy, androi...@googlegroups.com
On 01-Mar-2011, at 7:35 PM, Kesava Reddy wrote:

> Who are all there in this group?

This is the public group for camp participants.

Kiran

Pradeep B V

Mar 1, 2011, 10:19:15 PM3/1/11
to Android Camp
On Mar 1, 6:14 pm, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
> And here we go...
>
> What would you folks like to see in this event?

Hands on sessions on app development and promotion
from ideas to app market
alternative app markets
info on how phonegap/titanium based apps work on android
marked adoption of paid apps in india?
android device scene in india
3G and android
android on non-mobile/non-tablets - say custom devices?

Karra

Mar 1, 2011, 11:05:33 PM3/1/11
to Android Camp

On Mar 1, 6:14 pm, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:

> What would you folks like to see in this event?

Personally I would quite like to see some kind of 'State of the Indian
Market' for android from people in the industry. Some form of panel
discussion, or similar, on the Android strategy of players like
MicroMax. What's the lowest price point we can push android phones to?
What features of the platform will be meaningful in a INR 4K phone?
What will be the killer app in that segment that Android can enable -
to put things in perspective we are talking of a segment where SMS is
the killer app. etc.

You might figure this sort of the 'high level stuff' might be out of
the scope of a HasGeek conference; that's your prerogative :-)

-Karra

Sameer Panchangam

Mar 1, 2011, 11:11:12 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
+1

I'd like to see vendors being invited for a better perspective.

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 11:12:10 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Karra
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Karra <ska...@gmail.com> wrote:
You might figure this sort of the 'high level stuff' might be out of
the scope of a HasGeek conference; that's your prerogative :-)

We were thinking of running the event in two tracks, for Geeks and Suits. The event logo in Droid Sans and Droid Serif was based on this split -- Sans for the Geeks, Serif for the Suits. :-)

We've found a venue with two floors, to make this a clean split.

Kiran

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 1, 2011, 11:14:02 PM3/1/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Sameer Panchangam
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Sameer Panchangam <sameer.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to see vendors being invited for a better perspective.

It's an unconference, Sam. If you know anyone, please invite them.

Rishabh Garg

Mar 2, 2011, 2:47:28 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp
Hi,

Was just curious to know whether this event will also be held in
Hyderbad. I am a student at IIIT and loved the DocType HTML5 held
here.

On Mar 2, 9:14 am, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Sameer Panchangam <

Kiran Jonnalagadda

Mar 2, 2011, 2:56:19 AM3/2/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com, Rishabh Garg
On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Rishabh Garg <rishabh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was just curious to know whether this event will also be held in
Hyderbad. I am a student at IIIT and loved the DocType HTML5 held
here.

Depends on how the Bangalore event goes. Unlike DocType HTML5, this is an unconference, shaped by participants, so it'll be hard to replicate it city to city.

Supreeth S

Mar 2, 2011, 3:33:12 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp
Discussions centered around:
1. How android can impact the Indian masses especially students and
learning.
2. Upgrades due months ago are still not out for Samsung phones. What
can we do about it?
3. Uninspiring mobile internet infrastructure/plans/uptime and how it
is holding android back
4. Indian Apps in the android market and their future growth

Rishabh Garg

Mar 2, 2011, 3:30:58 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp
Thanks for the info, I'll book my tickets for bangalore.

Sajjad Anwar

Mar 2, 2011, 5:16:46 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp
Hi!

> What would you folks like to see in this event?

I would love to see discussions around accessibility standards for
android apps.
Custom android devices that can, perhaps support braille inputs.
Scripting and quick app development on Android. :)

Cheers!

Tarique Sani

Mar 2, 2011, 5:52:16 AM3/2/11
to Android Camp
On Mar 1, 6:14 pm, Kiran Jonnalagadda <ki...@hasgeek.in> wrote:
> And here we go...
>
> What would you folks like to see in this event?

A discussion on Browser capabilities of various Android devices - web
apps are mostly crippled on Android because to lack of this
information

Cheers
Tarique

Ishwarya Chandrasekaran

Mar 2, 2011, 7:37:08 AM3/2/11
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in having discussion about cross platform apps and using html5 in android :)

Regards,
Ishwarya
--
Regards,