c2dm shut down

daniel mcnerthney

Sep 24, 2015, 4:59:46 PM9/24/15
to android-c2dm
https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/ states C2DM will “completely shut down” on Oct, 20th.

Does that mean our legacy apps using C2DM will stop receiving notification and the endpoint https://android.apis.google.com/c2dm/migrate is unsupported?

Costin Manolache

Sep 24, 2015, 10:24:59 PM9/24/15
to androi...@googlegroups.com
After Oct 20 it will not be possible to get new ClientLogin tokens - so using normal C2DM, with ClientLogin, will no longer work.

Please use the /migrate endpoint before Oct 20th to generate a new token.  The token generated by /migrate will continue to  work after Oct 20th, but in order to migrate you need
a valid ClientLogin token.

With the migrated token - you can still use the c2dm endpoint, as described in the migration document. register() with c2dm-style email address will also continue to work for old clients
that can't be upgraded to GCM project ID style.

Costin

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 1:59 PM, daniel mcnerthney <dan.mcn...@gmail.com> wrote:
https://developers.google.com/android/c2dm/ states C2DM will “completely shut down” on Oct, 20th.

Does that mean our legacy apps using C2DM will stop receiving notification and the endpoint https://android.apis.google.com/c2dm/migrate is unsupported?

Larry

Dec 17, 2015, 8:31:22 PM12/17/15
to android-c2dm
We missed Oct 20 and I have no way to retrieve a ClientLogin Token!

Our server app was dynamically retrieving the token using "https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin";  I can change the server code to GCM, but how can I find my authtoken to migrate?

Changing the client side code is not possible at this time.   I have tried the developer consoles (both Google and Play) and cannot find any information there about what our token was.

Please help if able.