Unable to get C2DM auth token due to HTTP 403: Forbidden????

gus.ka...@luckylabs.com

Jun 7, 2013, 10:00:04 AM6/7/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks.

As of this morning we are seeing an "HTTP 403: Forbidden" response with every call to "https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin" when trying to get a C2DM auth token. I know that C2DM has been deprecated in favor of GCM but has it been turned off completely as of this morning? Is anyone else out there still using C2DM and is it working? ANyone else seeing this issue? Our code has been running for well over a year with no changes so I suspect something on Google's side but see nothing on the internets about C2DM end-of-life or others seeing this issue.

Thanks.
Gus

Message has been deleted

Dmitry Stepanov

Oct 6, 2014, 1:11:20 AM10/6/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com, gus.ka...@luckylabs.com
I have the same response 403 when make requests to https://www.google.com/accounts/ClientLogin. Does anyone know the C2DM service is still working or turned off completely?

Costin Manolache

Oct 6, 2014, 2:47:53 PM10/6/14
to androi...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK ClientLogin is still on, can you check the full response - sometimes it may ask for a captcha if it suspects anything wrong.

And please start moving to project IDs - using ClientLogin is deprecated, slower and likely to stop working at some point.

Costin