Received multiple GCM registration responses

Kenneth Corbin

Feb 25, 2013, 10:09:41 AM2/25/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Got a snippet from a users log that show 11 incoming  Action:com.google.android.c2dm.intent.REGISTRATION responses within 7 seconds.  All reporting the same registration ID.  Everything was handled correctly.  This was a one time event.  I have never seen it happen before or since.  Anyone else notice anything like this.

Alas, that version was logging outging GCM registration requests, so I cannot prove conclusively that my app only issues one request.  But I do not see any way that it could have sent that many.  Unless the user press a register button that many times in rapid succession.

Kent

Feb 27, 2013, 9:54:10 AM2/27/13
to androi...@googlegroups.com
This may be related to other posts to do with duplicate messages being received through GCM.  Its an ongoing problem that has been
affecting a number of apps.  I too am experiencing the duplicate messages.  Early in this problem I also saw multiple registration updates
from Google but the id's actually never changed.