Parallel build triggers to create userdebug and user image simultaneously

Ashish Pratap

May 21, 2024, 11:32:27 AMMay 21
to Android Building
Hi All,

I am a DevOps Engineer working on AOSP build pipelines. I was wondering, is it possible to run two AOSP build simultaneously on a single machine. Currently I have a 3TB machine, with 24 cores. I run my build inside docker containers. I keep two copies of AOSP source code in different folder.

Has anyone done something similar to this? Kindly suggest how you do this. How is the performance, does the build time for each image doubles?