Custom application in product image of emulator but not in avd image of android studio

Christian Bauer

Oct 21, 2021, 4:19:31 PM10/21/21
to Android Building
I followed the steps described in https://source.android.com/setup/create/avd to create a custom aosp build. I also added a custom application by providing an Android.mk and adding the custom app to "aosp_product.mk".

If I start the emulator from the command prompt my custom application shows up in the device explorer of android studio in directory "prodcut/priv-app".

I want to be able to debug the application from android studio by simply clicking on the Debuger Tools Icon. So I followed the steps as described in

When adding a virtual device in the AVD Manger the system image appears below tab "x86 images". I can create and start the AVD image. But my custom app does not appear  in the "product/priv-app" directory.

Do I have to add my custom app somewhere else in order to get the app also in the AVD image created by invoking "make sdk sdk_repo" and imported by Android Studio?