Bootloader version error when flashing developer Nexus S

Tom

Apr 15, 2011, 3:40:18 AM4/15/11
to Android Building
After compiling the android 2.3.3_r1 source, I attempted to flash my
unlocked dev Nexus S. Apparently I'm using the incorrect bootloader
though:

%fastboot flashall -w
Bootloader Version...: I9020XXJK1
Baseband Version.....: I9020XXJK8
Serial Number........: 34338C12358F00EC
checking product...
OKAY [ 0.001s]
checking version-bootloader...
FAILED

Device version-bootloader is 'I9020XXJK1'.
Update requires 'I9020XXKA3'.

finished. total time: 0.004s

Is there an officially sanctioned way to update my bootloader?

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Apr 15, 2011, 2:01:03 PM4/15/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
In a nutshell, your phone is running the bootloader and baseband code
that match 2.3 / 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 consumer builds.

The version check in 2.3.3 is a bit too tight and checks that you're
running the exact same versions of the bootloader and baseband code
that Google used in broad testing. My limited testing shows that 2.3.3
works fine on top of the older variants.

You can locally update the version requirements to include I9020XXJK1
and I9020XXJK8 - they're stored in
device/samsung/crespo/board-info.txt (you'll need to run make after
updating the file, which will be quick). This'll let you flash.

Google is working with Samsung on a more permanent solution, but this
should get you going for now.

JBQ

> --

Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru