error.GitError: Cannot checkout platform/build/blueprint: Cannot initialize work tree for platform/build/blueprint

Michael Herren

Jan 4, 2022, 5:40:47 PM1/4/22
to Android Building

Hello

I hope I am correct here. Since some days I am trying to build an Android kernel for a Pixel 2 and Nexus 5X. But so far I constantly failed.

I tried several times to download AOSP. I tried to download the master and I also tried to create a local mirror and to then download the master from the local mirror. I also tried to download the corresponding branch. But what ever I try I do get the message  error.GitError: Cannot checkout platform/build/blueprint: Cannot initialize work tree for platform/build/blueprint

when I later try to set the mobile with "lunch aosp_walleye-eng" I do get the error message that the concerned blueprint could not be found.

I am almost certain that I found a Google page where it is was mentioned, that Google will no longer maintain the blueprint Git repository.

Can  anyone help

Kind Regards
Michael

Dan Willemsen

Jan 4, 2022, 6:02:09 PM1/4/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
It sounds like you're having some issues with git, or your network/filesystem. There's not really enough information here to understand what issue you're hitting. Some things that may help:
  • Which repo command you're running
  • What git version you're using (git --version)
  • More complete output from repo -- it may be useful to limit it down to just blueprint to start: `repo sync build/blueprint`
when I later try to set the mobile with "lunch aosp_walleye-eng" I do get the error message that the concerned blueprint could not be found.

Yeah, trying a build when the source is incomplete is unlikely to work very well. build/blueprint is one of the earliest projects used during a build (along with build/make and build/soong), so it's not surprising to see a blueprint error if that didn't sync.

 I am almost certain that I found a Google page where it is was mentioned, that Google will no longer maintain the blueprint Git repository.

The standalone github project is no longer maintained, but it is still actively used within Android.

- Dan

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/0184edc2-f91e-4e1f-a46e-6a111d0f7133n%40googlegroups.com.