How to skip robolectric host tests

satur...@gmail.com

May 3, 2023, 3:54:41 PM5/3/23
to Android Building
I am working on Android 13 and I'm using `mm` in packages/apps/Settings to make some changes there. I noticed that when you use `mm` it now builds and runs robolectric host side unit tests every time but since I am trying to iterate on code changes quickly I don't want to run the robolectric tests every single time.

How can use `mm` without running the robolectric tests?

Jacob

satur...@gmail.com

May 5, 2023, 1:27:28 AM5/5/23
to Android Building
I figured out how to do it. Also using mmm lets me specify the specific module so I don't even build the tests.

    mmm DISABLE_ROBO_RUN_TESTS=true packages/apps/Settings:Settings

Dan Willemsen

May 5, 2023, 1:51:27 AM5/5/23
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Just m Settings would work as well, mma builds and installs everything under the directory, which would include building the robotests (even if you disable running them with DISABLE_ROBO_RUN_TESTS)

- Dan

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/60d80852-5249-437e-aa53-a118175a0460n%40googlegroups.com.