Can't boot after build of AOSP with kernel on Pixel 4a sunfish

zandr

Aug 17, 2021, 5:16:44 PM8/17/21
to Android Building
Hi,

1) After a build of AOSP+kernel I try to boot, but in the dmesg I infinitely see the following errors:

[   62.895275] init: starting service 'vendor.chre'...
[   62.901496] init: Created socket '/dev/socket/chre', mode 660, user 0, group 1080
[   62.999721] init: Control message: Could not find 'android.hardware.vibrator@1.0::IVibrator/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 599 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
[   63.802603] init: Control message: Could not find 'android.hardware.sensors@2.0::ISensors/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 599 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
[   63.852698] init: Control message: Could not find 'android.frameworks.sensorservice@1.0::ISensorManager/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 599 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)
[   64.000882] init: Control message: Could not find 'android.hardware.vibrator@1.0::IVibrator/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 599 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)

2) What I do to build:

a) Take the latest (for 08/10/2021) sunfish's AOSP + kernel + binaries from

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b android-11.0.0_r40
repo sync

repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/manifest -b android-msm-sunfish-4.14-android11-qpr3
repo sync

unpack
google_devices-sunfish-rq3a.210805.001.a1-995ad0d0.tgz
qcom-sunfish-rq3a.210805.001.a1-1ec3b6e6.tgz
to AOSP/vendor folder

b) in kernel folder I run
./build_sunfish.sh

After the kernel build I copy all the files from out/android-msm-pixel-4.14/dist to the folder AOSP/device/google/sunfish-kernel.

NOTE: Also as an alternative I tried to follow the doc using
export TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL=DIST_DIR/Image.lz4-dtb
etc, but with the same net result.

c) in AOSP folder I run
 . build/envsetup.sh
lunch
<select> 26. aosp_sunfish-userdebug

d) finally flash the device and finally boot,
and then I stuck on boot logo and in dmesg I see errors mentioned in 1).
If I try to use prebuilt kernel from AOSP, so omitting of building and copying the kernel - b), then all went ok, but I need a kernel built by myself.

I believe I do something wrong, but can't figure out what exactly.

Could someone tell me how to build AOSP +kernel correctly?

Thanks.

Möbius

Nov 8, 2021, 5:15:50 PM11/8/21
to Android Building
Have you solved?

I am also encounting the same issue.

Could you help me?

2021년 8월 18일 수요일 오전 6시 16분 44초 UTC+9에 zandr님이 작성:

z-an...@yandex.ru

Nov 9, 2021, 2:43:34 PM11/9/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com

No. I use lineage though it's not exactly I want.

вторник, 09 ноября 2021г., 01:15 +03:00 от Möbius xiphia...@gmail.com:

 . build/envsetup.sh
lunch

d) finally flash the device and finally boot,
and then I stuck on boot logo and in dmesg I see errors mentioned in 1).
If I try to use prebuilt kernel from AOSP, so omitting of building and copying the kernel - b), then all went ok, but I need a kernel built by myself.

I believe I do something wrong, but can't figure out what exactly.

Could someone tell me how to build AOSP +kernel correctly?

Thanks.

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/00901882-f642-4110-a172-b22536f34898n%40googlegroups.com.