Encountered PHONY error on owners.mk when first full-building of aosp

김민경

Apr 4, 2023, 10:23:46 AM4/4/23
to Android Building
I reset my aosp workspace.
For it, I did repo init and sync and tried first building.

But it fails with this error message.

build/make/core/tasks/owners.mk:25: error: real file "out/target/product/redfin/obj/PACKAGING/owners_intermediates/owners.zip" depends on PHONY target "OWNERS"
15:49:50 ckati failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (03:32 (mm:ss)) ####

I executed commands on ubuntu 18.04:
$ cd manifest repo init -u https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest -b master
$ repo sync
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_redfin-userdebug (Even with aosp_arm64-eng, result is same)
$ make -j4 What should I do for successful building?
Message has been deleted

김민경

Apr 5, 2023, 11:36:15 AM4/5/23
to Android Building
Build succeed! Thanks for clear reply.

2023년 4월 4일 화요일 오후 11시 36분 37초 UTC+9에 Dan Willemsen님이 작성:
Don't clone the manifest first, just run:

$ mkdir <dirname>
$ cd <dirname>
$ repo sync
source build/envsetup.sh
lunch aosp_redfin-userdebug (Even with aosp_arm64-eng, result is same)
$ make -j4

What's happening is that by cloning the manifest first, you end up with an OWNERS file at the root of your source tree. This doesn't work with some of the checks happening in our make interpreter (it assumes that dependencies without a '/' are phony targets instead of real files, as make normally doesn't depend on any of the files at the root of the source tree)

- Dan

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/d70789d3-2a19-445c-93d7-cf67ce3aece2n%40googlegroups.com.