cuttlefish aosp_cf_x86_auto-userdebug - does it even run at all?

William Smith

Feb 22, 2022, 9:15:53 PM2/22/22
to Android Building
This is Cuttlefish for Android Automotive.

I have never actually seen an Android Automotive Cuttlefish target run, except for a heavily modified one for a particular customer use case in a company. This took a few weeks of work.

I have no trouble building aosp_cf_x86_auto-userdebug. I have tried with and without the acloud approach.

It simply does not launch with start_cvd. start_cvd starts some services like crosvm, but stop_cvd does not work since cuttlefish did not even start, so I am left with all these orphaned pids to clean up as well. (or just reboot) I've got the android-cuttlefish Debian packages built, and the groups added. Everything.

I would have tried the ci.android.com download approach but I did not find this target in ci.

Has anyone else had luck getting the AOSP cuttlefish target aosp_cf_x86_auto-userdebug to run?

My system is not exotic. Ubuntu 20.04, 32 GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive, Intel + Nvidia graphics. Android tag release: android-12.0.0_r32 (latest 12 as of today)