Run Cuttlefish-bin on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

James Hernando

Sep 28, 2022, 3:00:26 PM9/28/22
to Android Building
Cuttlefish build from ci.android.com unable to launch on Ubuntu 22.04.

System: OS: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS - Virtual Machine - KVM available within
`grep -c -w "vmx\|svm" /proc/cpuinfo` returns 16

Following instructions from here:
https://android.googlesource.com/device/google/cuttlefish/
Downloading/building/installing according to the instructions without an error.

Getting the latest artifacts from here  - aosp-master:
https://ci.android.com/builds/submitted/9103542/aosp_cf_x86_64_phone-userdebug/latest

Extracting and combining packages also finishes without an error:
tar xvf cvd-host_package.tar.gz
unzip aosp_cf_x86_64_phone-img-9103542.zip

According to the instructions I should use following command to launch cf:
HOME=$PWD ./bin/launch_cvd

When I run the command getting it getting in a loop and never starts cf:
cf.log - attached
launcher.log also attached

launcher.log
cf.log