Android 2.3.4 is in AOSP

489 views
Skip to first unread message

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 6:43:37 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I've just pushed Android 2.3.4 to AOSP. That's build GRJ22. The direct
manifest for it is android-2.3.4_r1.

Its matching development branch is available as gingerbread. It is
also merged into the master branch on top of which people can
contribute.

Updated proprietary binaries for Nexus S are available at the
following addresses. Note that this is the first time that such files
are available simultaneously with the matching source release. 2.3.4
is flashable on Nexus S on top of any released bootloader and radio
software.

http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/broadcom-crespo-grj22-4c9cc3e2.tgz
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/imgtec-crespo-grj22-f1fb16c7.tgz
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/nxp-crespo-grj22-f3474ea3.tgz
http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-grj22-74ab249a.tgz
MD5 checksums:
fc5d1a5116ac9b06c436ed0556bebdb4
ab4d4f4d3ee70ef03624168d02f57abf
f947c8ced6e144533cfb8e1c9eb495aa
cd34936998b51da43ab32327095bcac6

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.

Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
warning.

larvish

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 7:32:05 PM4/28/11
to Android Building
Can i flash it on GRI54 ?

Thank you

On Apr 29, 1:43 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I've just pushed Android 2.3.4 to AOSP. That's build GRJ22. The direct
> manifest for it is android-2.3.4_r1.
>
> Its matching development branch is available as gingerbread. It is
> also merged into the master branch on top of which people can
> contribute.
>
> Updated proprietary binaries for Nexus S are available at the
> following addresses. Note that this is the first time that such files
> are available simultaneously with the matching source release. 2.3.4
> is flashable on Nexus S on top of any released bootloader and radio
> software.
>
> http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/broadcom-crespo-grj22-4c9cc3e2.tgzhttp://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/imgtec-crespo-grj22-f1fb16c7.tgzhttp://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/nxp-crespo-grj22-f3474ea3.tgzhttp://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-grj22-74ab249a.tgz

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 7:48:15 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I expect it should work, though I haven't tested that exact combination myself.

If my notes are correct, your device should have bootloader I9020XXKA3
and radio I9020KRKB3, and those should be recognized by 2.3.4.

JBQ

> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android Building" mailing list.
> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en

Daniel Goller

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:34:19 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Samsung link doesn't work for me.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:52:40 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Oh, it looks like some Gmail might be appending "MD5" from the next
line at the end of the samsung URI. The web interface for Google
Groups shows the proper URI. Sorry about that.

Here is the right version, which should work in all conditions.

http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-grj22-74ab249a.tgz

JBQ

Maharadhi

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:50:41 PM4/28/11
to Android Building
Are there any driver changes for Nexus One. Can I compile this for N1
and use it? I have "extracted" the proprietary files from the
Gingerbread 2.3.3 OTA for N1 and already have a working AOSP build on
my phone

On Apr 28, 6:48 pm, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> I expect it should work, though I haven't tested that exact combination myself.
>
> If my notes are correct, your device should have bootloader I9020XXKA3
> and radio I9020KRKB3, and those should be recognized by 2.3.4.
>
> JBQ
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM, larvish <abdullah.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can i flash it on GRI54 ?
>
> > Thank you
>
> > On Apr 29, 1:43 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> I've just pushed Android 2.3.4 to AOSP. That's build GRJ22. The direct
> >> manifest for it is android-2.3.4_r1.
>
> >> Its matching development branch is available as gingerbread. It is
> >> also merged into the master branch on top of which people can
> >> contribute.
>
> >> Updated proprietary binaries for Nexus S are available at the
> >> following addresses. Note that this is the first time that such files
> >> are available simultaneously with the matching source release. 2.3.4
> >> is flashable on Nexus S on top of any released bootloader and radio
> >> software.
>
> >>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/broadcom-crespo-grj22-4c9cc3e2.t...

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 8:55:36 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There are no proprietary binaries available for Nexus One.

With proper authorization, extracting will probably work, but I
haven't spent much time testing that use case. I definitely didn't
test using 2.3.3 binaries with the 2.3.4 source.

JBQ

Daniel Goller

unread,
Apr 28, 2011, 9:20:10 PM4/28/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Indeed, didn't notice that gmail bug.

Thanks 

Daniel

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 10:00:41 AM4/29/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The official driver page at
http://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.html has the links for
all the available binaries.

JBQ

>> Software Engineer> --

Tien

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 1:19:12 PM4/29/11
to Android Building
HI,
Is there a similar pages for Nexus 1?
Thanks,

On Apr 29, 7:00 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> The official driver page athttp://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.htmlhas the links for

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 1:30:58 PM4/29/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
There are no such drivers available for Nexus One, only for Nexus S.

JBQ

Tien

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 1:49:44 PM4/29/11
to Android Building
Thanks,
I am trying to build using extract-files.sh and see what happen...even
though I got this missing file error from this line:

adb pull /system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/
$DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test



On Apr 29, 10:30 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> There are no such drivers available for Nexus One, only for Nexus S.
>
> JBQ
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Tien <tie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > HI,
> > Is there a similar pages for Nexus 1?
> > Thanks,
>
> > On Apr 29, 7:00 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> The official driver page athttp://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.htmlhasthe links for

Claus Holst

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 5:51:04 PM4/29/11
to Android Building
I am getting the error:

make: *** No rule to make target `device/sample/nxp/
com.nxp.mifare.xml', needed by `out/target/product/crespo/system/etc/
permissions/com.nxp.mifare.xml'. Stop.

The com.nxp.mifare.xml doesn't seem to be in nxp-crespo-grj22-
f3474ea3.tgz .

/Claus

On 29 Apr., 19:49, Tien <tie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
> I am trying to build using extract-files.sh and see what happen...even
> though I got this missing file error from this line:
>
> adb pull /system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/
> $DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
>
> On Apr 29, 10:30 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> > There are no such drivers available for Nexus One, only for Nexus S.
>
> > JBQ
>
> > On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Tien <tie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > HI,
> > > Is there a similar pages for Nexus 1?
> > > Thanks,
>
> > > On Apr 29, 7:00 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> > >> The official driver page athttp://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.htmlhasthelinks for

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
Apr 29, 2011, 5:58:06 PM4/29/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure you're using a synced 2.3.4 tree? That file was new in
2.3.4 and didn't exist in 2.3.3.

JBQ

Claus Holst

unread,
Apr 30, 2011, 6:45:34 AM4/30/11
to Android Building
I synced the gingerbread branch, because you wrote "Its matching
development branch is available as gingerbread.".

Based on that I thought that 2.3.4 was merged to gingerbread. Is that
not the case?

/Claus

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
May 2, 2011, 11:20:43 AM5/2/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
2.3.4 is merged to gingerbread, unless something went horribly wrong
(but I don't think anything went wrong).

That's odd. I'm seeing device/sample/nxp/com.nxp/mifare.xml both on my
gingerbread client and on the server (via gitweb). git diff
korg/gingerbread tags/android-2.3.4_r1 shows no difference for me. I
don't quite understand what might be going on on your side.

JBQ

Itai

unread,
May 11, 2011, 10:27:17 AM5/11/11
to Android Building
I followed all the instructions and was able to successfully build the
project. How can I test it on my device (Nexus s, rooted)?
> >> >> I am trying tobuildusing extract-files.sh and see what happen...even
> >> >> though I got this missing file error from this line:
>
> >> >> adb pull /system/bin/mm-venc-omx-test ../../../vendor/$MANUFACTURER/
> >> >> $DEVICE/proprietary/mm-venc-omx-test
>
> >> >> On Apr 29, 10:30 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
>
> >> >> > There are no such drivers available for Nexus One, only forNexus S.
>
> >> >> > JBQ
>
> >> >> > On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Tien <tie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >> > > HI,
> >> >> > > Is there a similar pages for Nexus 1?
> >> >> > > Thanks,
>
> >> >> > > On Apr 29, 7:00 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> >> > >> The official driver page athttp://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.htmlhasthelinksfor
> >> >> > >> all the available binaries.
>
> >> >> > >> JBQ
>
> >> >> > >> On Thursday, April 28, 2011, Daniel Goller <mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >> > >> > Indeed, didn't notice that gmail bug.
> >> >> > >> > Thanks
> >> >> > >> > Daniel
> >> >> > >> > On Apr 28, 2011 7:52 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Queru" <j...@android.com> wrote:> Oh, it looks like some Gmail might be appending "MD5" from the next
> >> >> > >> >> line at the end of the samsung URI. The web interface for Google
> >> >> > >> >> Groups shows the proper URI. Sorry about that.
>
> >> >> > >> >> Here is the right version, which should work in all conditions.
>
> >> >> > >> >>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-grj22-74ab249a.tgz
>
> >> >> > >> >> JBQ
>
> >> >> > >> >> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Daniel Goller <mor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >> > >> >>> Samsung link doesn't work for me.
>
> >> >> > >> >>> On Apr 28, 2011 5:43 PM, "Jean-Baptiste Queru" <j...@android.com> wrote:
> >> >> > >> >>>> I've just pushedAndroid2.3.4 to AOSP. That'sbuildGRJ22. The direct
> >> >> > >> >>>> manifest for it isandroid-2.3.4_r1.
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> Its matching development branch is available as gingerbread. It is
> >> >> > >> >>>> also merged into the master branch on top of which people can
> >> >> > >> >>>> contribute.
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> Updated proprietary binaries forNexus Sare available at the
> >> >> > >> >>>> following addresses. Note that this is the first time that such files
> >> >> > >> >>>> are available simultaneously with the matching source release. 2.3.4
> >> >> > >> >>>> is flashable onNexus Son top of any released bootloader and radio
> >> >> > >> >>>> software.
>
> >> >> > >> >>>>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/broadcom-crespo-grj22-4c9cc3e2.tgz
> >> >> > >> >>>>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/imgtec-crespo-grj22-f1fb16c7.tgz
> >> >> > >> >>>>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/nxp-crespo-grj22-f3474ea3.tgz
> >> >> > >> >>>>http://dl.google.com/dl/android/aosp/samsung-crespo-grj22-74ab249a.tgz
> >> >> > >> >>>> MD5 checksums:
> >> >> > >> >>>> fc5d1a5116ac9b06c436ed0556bebdb4
> >> >> > >> >>>> ab4d4f4d3ee70ef03624168d02f57abf
> >> >> > >> >>>> f947c8ced6e144533cfb8e1c9eb495aa
> >> >> > >> >>>> cd34936998b51da43ab32327095bcac6
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> JBQ
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> --
> >> >> > >> >>>> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> >> > >> >>>> Software Engineer,AndroidOpen-Source Project, Google.
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> >> >> > >> >>>> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> >> >> > >> >>>> warning.
>
> >> >> > >> >>>> --
> >> >> > >> >>>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> >> >> > >> >>>> Building" mailing list.
> >> >> > >> >>>> To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >>>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > >> >>>>android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >>>> For more options, visit this group at
> >> >> > >> >>>>http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> >> > >> >>> --
> >> >> > >> >>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "Android
> >> >> > >> >>> Building" mailing list.
> >> >> > >> >>> To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > >> >>>android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >>> For more options, visit this group at
> >> >> > >> >>>http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> >> > >> >> --
> >> >> > >> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> >> > >> >> Software Engineer> --
> >> >> > >> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "AndroidBuilding" mailing list.
> >> >> > >> >> To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > >> >>android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >> >> > >> >>http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> >> > >> > --
> >> >> > >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "AndroidBuilding" mailing list.
> >> >> > >> > To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > >> >android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > >> > For more options, visit this group at
> >> >> > >> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> >> > >> --
> >> >> > >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> >> > >> Software Engineer,AndroidOpen-Source Project, Google.
>
> >> >> > >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private will
> >> >> > >> likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further warning.
>
> >> >> > > --
> >> >> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "AndroidBuilding" mailing list.
> >> >> > > To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >> > >android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> >> > > For more options, visit this group at
> >> >> > >http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> >> > --
> >> >> > Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> >> > Software Engineer,AndroidOpen-Source Project, Google.
>
> >> >> > Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> >> >> > will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> >> >> > warning.
>
> >> > --
> >> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "AndroidBuilding" mailing list.
> >> > To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> >> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> >android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> >> > For more options, visit this group at
> >> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> >> --
> >> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> >> Software Engineer,AndroidOpen-Source Project, Google.
>
> >> Questions sent directly to me that have no reason for being private
> >> will likely get ignored or forwarded to a public forum with no further
> >> warning.
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the "AndroidBuilding" mailing list.
> > To post to this group, send email toandroid...@googlegroups.com
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>
> --
> Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru
> Software Engineer,AndroidOpen-Source Project, Google.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

unread,
May 11, 2011, 10:55:30 AM5/11/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I assume that you've already unlocked the bootloader (with fastboot oem unlock).

Once you've built, boot into the bootloader (volume up + power, or
"adb reboot bootloader"), then "fastboot -w flashall".

Note 1: this erases your userdata.
Note 2: once you do that, there's currently no easy way to go back to
the factory build.

JBQ

> To post to this group, send email to android-...@googlegroups.com


> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> android-buildi...@googlegroups.com
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/android-building?hl=en
>

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

Software Engineer, Android Open-Source Project, Google.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages