Cannot build android-platform-12.1.0_r4

Michael Goffioul

Jun 14, 2022, 2:09:52 PM6/14/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Soong fails with the following error:

error: frameworks/opt/car/setupwizard/library/main/Android.bp:20:1: "car-setup-wizard-lib" depends on undefined module "androidx.car_car-resources-partially-dejetified"

From what I can see, the code in packages/apps/Car/libs/androidx-car/ has been moved to packages/apps/Car/systemlibs/ [1], but that repo is not included in the manifest corresponding to the same tag [2], nor does that repo have a corresponding tag [3].

Michael.

Al Sutton

Jun 15, 2022, 11:56:37 AM6/15/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael,

The systemlibs seems to be a move for 12.1.0_r7+, which is why I wouldn’t expect it to be referenced in the r4. In r4 that library comes from a different repo[1], which is referenced in the r4 manifest[2].

[1] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Car/libs/+/refs/tags/android-12.1.0_r4/androidx-car/Android.bp

[2] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/refs/heads/android-12.1.0_r4/default.xml#832

Al.

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/CAB-99Lun%2BwxtkE9NXY9yhwUg2nXZLYHUuGMaiRrmCFE7PB9v9w%40mail.gmail.com.

Michael Goffioul

Jun 15, 2022, 2:02:16 PM6/15/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Al,

I think you're confusing tags android-12.1.0_r4 and android-platform-12.1.0_r4. I'm talking about the latter. For the "-platform" tag, the code has indeed been moved to its new location, but the corresponding repo is not included in the manifest (nor does it have a corresponding tag anyway).

Michael.

Al Sutton

Jun 15, 2022, 4:22:15 PM6/15/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com

Appologies for my confusion Michael, I can now see you’re right.

It looks like the p/a/C/lib android-platform-12.1.0_r4 tag is ahead of the android-12.1.0_r7 tag, whereas the android-platform-12.1.0_r3 tag is prior to it (a-p-12.1.0_r3 is at the same point as a-12.1.0_r3,4,5,6) [1]. It seems the problem stems from the manifest diff between a-p-..._r3 and a-p..._r4 being a simple tag name change inside the manifest[2] and not replicating the changes from the changes from a-12.1.0_r6 to r7 which adds  the relevant repo.[3]

Unfortunately the a-..._r6 to a-..._r7 manifest change is a single CL which mixes the adding of the new repo with the a-... tag change, so it’s not a simple CL cherry-pick of the CL which adds the new repo either.

It might be worth one of the Googlers taking a look, I’m not sure if the current recommended strategy would be to merge a CL which adds the repo and move the tag (so a-p-..._r7 points to a valid, compiling, tree), or whether merging a CL and tagging an a-p-..._r8 would aligned with current best practice.

Al.

[1] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/packages/apps/Car/libs/+log/190b4ddd192ab0abe5c1a9badf7457e2513ac06e

[2] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/375232ef8feb2bea64c31b39efc000db977b7af4%5E%21/#F0

[3] https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest/+/9bd0a1409c11a0d54c0eb3c7bcd9fde6e702f219%5E%21/#F0

del...@google.com

Jun 16, 2022, 2:11:08 AM6/16/22
to Android Building
Hi,

Please try syncing code again (the issue was caused by the lack of platform/packages/apps/Car/systemlibs, which is now fixed).

Cheers,