AOSP Build Cache?

pwcel

Jan 19, 2022, 9:26:09 PM1/19/22
to Android Building
Seeing an issue where I run mm to build an application, but the code changes aren't reflected in the build output. For example, I add a function, rename a variable or try and printout a phrase, but the output generated doesn't reflect those changes.

Is there some sort of cache that is storing files temporarily?

I had tried doing a 'mm clean' (which to my understanding cleans all build artifacts from the AOSP build) and even when re-building from scratch, I was not seeing those app code changes reflected in the generated output.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any ideas on other things I might try?

Also, is there add'l documentation on the 'mm' command? Are there any options that it accepts to limit scope or change verbosity of output logging?

Please advise. Thank you!