How to build a bare minimum android system for QEMU?

David J

Dec 21, 2021, 4:13:59 PM12/21/21
to Android Building
How would I build a bare minimum android system that just offers the console? How would I boot it via QEMU? Do I just need a boot.img and system.img? Or do I need a bunch more .img files? What lunch should I choose for this?  Would all the .img files be built into the same directory?

ziyang zhou

Dec 28, 2021, 9:51:11 PM12/28/21
to Android Building
maybe try https://github.com/remote-android if you want a lightweight Android emulation system.

David J

Dec 28, 2021, 9:52:09 PM12/28/21
to Android Building
Deleted my older post and modifying & moving it into here:

I'm first time building Android and I want to create an .img file to boot with QEMU (qemu-system-x86_64).
Why are there so many different .img files? E.g. vendor.img system.img userdata.img vgmeta.img boot.img ramdisk.img?
Do I have to create a partition table and a partition for each .img file? If so, what type would the partitions be? All Linux type?
How is each partition (.img file) mounted on the system? Is system.img mounted as '/'?
What would an example qemu-system-x86_64 look like for booting all these .img files? I don't want to use the built emulator.