Android 13 not generate system image

pengjinghui

Aug 27, 2022, 12:42:58 PM8/27/22
to Android Building
2022-08-27_13-01.png
Hi all,
When I get AOSP 13 source code and try to build it, it shows "build completed successfully" but not generate system image, maybe not start cross compile.
What's my environment:
Host OS: mac os 12.5.1 (21G83)
Others shows in screenshot, but after execute "make -j12", it not start a image compile, what's wrong with
2022-08-27_13-06.png

Dan Willemsen

Aug 27, 2022, 12:47:14 PM8/27/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
  - build errors as image attachment; instead please include a short excerpt of the build error in text format or a short link to longer text

Building device images on Mac is no longer supported, only host tools like ADB that are part of the SDK can be built. Even in previous versions the images built on Macs were fairly different, so it wasn't recommended. Instead, either build on a linux machine, or a linux VM on your mac.

- Dan

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/827de890-5389-4134-b374-e5c548d17951n%40googlegroups.com.

pengjinghui

Aug 28, 2022, 7:55:21 PM8/28/22
to Android Building
Thanks, by the way, which linux distribute version recommend to build Android 13

Michael

Aug 28, 2022, 9:51:22 PM8/28/22
to Android Building
Debian or Ubuntu would work. Google documents show a distribution with the .deb packaging system. Will have the right dependencies.

enh

Aug 29, 2022, 12:54:34 AM8/29/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
yeah, until fairly recently we used Ubuntu, but we've been using debian for the last couple of years. i'd expect either to work.