Emulator read-only

Andy E

May 24, 2021, 2:16:37 PM5/24/21
to Android Building
Hi,
I'm a newbie on AOSP build and was wondering if I can get some answers here.
I built the AOSP tree and I'm able to use the emulator hoping that I can easily push my applications (apk) without rebuilding the system image.
I however found out that  /system  is read-only.
Using  adb sync or adb push failed to work obviously  since it's read-only.
Is there any workaround this issue?

I tried 'emulator -writable-system' but for some reason it hangs.

adb root, adb remount , adb disable-verity all failed as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

akshay choudhari

Jun 8, 2021, 10:24:14 PM6/8/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Try to push apk on path "/storage/emulated/0/".

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-building/2a796d5d-0f3c-4732-b4ce-3f01bd0a1b6an%40googlegroups.com.

Andy E

Jul 30, 2021, 4:21:40 PM7/30/21
to Android Building
Hi ,

Thanks for the response but this doesn't resolve the issue of  /system being read-only.
I want to make it writable so I can copy files.

Nadir Ansari

Jul 31, 2021, 9:44:15 AM7/31/21
to android-...@googlegroups.com
I don`t know the exact file name, but there is a shell code file. (.sh) file which makes it read-only during boot time.