Headless Android ADB Vendor Key

Abhayadev S

Dec 21, 2021, 4:10:38 PM12/21/21
to Android Building
Hi,

I have a headless Android 10 device where i am trying to enable the adb by default on a "user" mode build.
Also, I am trying to integrate a custom adb key and hoping to skip the usb/adb debugging confirmation on screen.

I have tried to integrate a custom ADB KEYS as per the official steps here -
but it ended with an error that in my code the "PRODUCT_ADB_KEYS" is set as read only...
i am still debugging and hoping that at some makefile i could override it.

also, looking for any pointers on how to approach debugging the user mode builds where not even serial logs are available!

thanks and appreciate your comments..
regards,
abhay

enh

Jan 21, 2022, 8:24:46 PM1/21/22
to android-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 1:10 PM Abhayadev S <abhay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a headless Android 10 device where i am trying to enable the adb by default on a "user" mode build.
> Also, I am trying to integrate a custom adb key and hoping to skip the usb/adb debugging confirmation on screen.
>
> I have tried to integrate a custom ADB KEYS as per the official steps here -
> https://source.android.com/setup/develop/new-device#ANDROID_VENDOR_KEYS
> but it ended with an error that in my code the "PRODUCT_ADB_KEYS" is set as read only...
> i am still debugging and hoping that at some makefile i could override it.

copy & paste the exact error?

where did you add this? a new vendor_key.mk file in your product, and
then added a
```
$(call inherit-product, vendor/my-company/security/adb/vendor_key.mk)
```
in your vendor/my-company/products/product.mk file?