GPL source files for build HTK75D

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Sep 27, 2011, 11:34:05 AM9/27/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Here are the GPL source files for build HTK75D:

Platform:
Size: 66MB
MD5: 2f1d33f9c5246ef7ca5d4d69b63544d9
URI: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/gpl/android-gpl-platform-htk75d.tgz

Kernel:
Size: 89MB
MD5: a8cfb9b3e965ddc5eaa9d2e5fd48c00d
URI: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/gpl/android-gpl-kernel-tervigon-trygon-htk75d.tgz

JBQ

--
Jean-Baptiste M. "JBQ" Queru

warning.

Loren Rogers

Oct 5, 2011, 11:21:24 AM10/5/11
to Android Building
Hi Jean-Baptiste,
I understand that this is the GPL'd source files for this build.
However I do have one question:
I downloaded and have been downloading ROM's that folks have built
based on a specific build (e.g. HTK75D). I do this for root purposes.
So my question is where do these folks get the complete source for
these builds?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
/Loren

On Sep 27, 11:34 am, Jean-Baptiste Queru <j...@android.com> wrote:
> Here are the GPL source files for buildHTK75D:
>
> Platform:
> Size: 66MB
> MD5: 2f1d33f9c5246ef7ca5d4d69b63544d9
> URI:https://dl.google.com/dl/android/gpl/android-gpl-platform-htk75d.tgz
>
> Kernel:
> Size: 89MB
> MD5: a8cfb9b3e965ddc5eaa9d2e5fd48c00d
> URI:https://dl.google.com/dl/android/gpl/android-gpl-kernel-tervigon-tryg...

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 5, 2011, 11:24:57 AM10/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
HTK75D is a Honeycomb build, and outside of the GPL components the
source code for Honeycomb is not available.

JBQ

Kolja Dummann

Oct 5, 2011, 11:33:11 AM10/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
Those Guys don't build they cook, they just pack a set of binaries
with WinZip and post it.

Loren Rogers

Oct 5, 2011, 11:37:30 AM10/5/11
to Android Building
Thanks Jean-Baptiste! So is what I'm getting in the rom is not the
"latest" version of the honeycomb non-GPL'd source?
I guess I'm just trying to figure out what I'm getting with these
ROM's.
Here's a link of where I got my HTK75D "update":
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1278214

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 5, 2011, 12:29:05 PM10/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
The source code for HTK75D has not been released, so whatever build
that claims to be HTK75D can't have been built from the matching
Open-Source code.

JBQ

AdiR1

Oct 5, 2011, 6:26:33 PM10/5/11
to Android Building
I did a quick search, but didn't find any posts on this topic, so
here's my shameless attempt.

I am one of the Many owners of TouchPad now, and while I like the OS,
I would like EVEN MORE to see Ice-Cream Sandwitch on it.

Efforts out there are working using old non-Tablet Android code, which
to me sounds like a waste of time.

I am a developer and willing to give it a shot myself, anyone
organizing and do we have any solid base to start from?

Also, perhaps naive question, will Google consider providing
Marketplace and other components non-GPL components for it also,
perhaps for a small "individual license fee" from users?

Thanks!
Adi R.

Jean-Baptiste Queru

Oct 5, 2011, 6:37:51 PM10/5/11
to android-...@googlegroups.com
You're gonna need 5 things:

-a solid mechanism to install a custom OS.

-the IceCreamSandwich source code.

-the proper hardware-related libraries. That might involve getting
source access to some of them.

-asking your questions on android-porting instead of android-building.

-lots of patience.

As for Market and other Google apps, they're proprietary and aren't
part of the Android platform, so they fall outside of the scope of any
of the AOSP mailing lists.

JBQ