How to clear cache in the build

Netanel Hadad

Jan 19, 2023, 1:00:38 PM1/19/23
to Android Building
Hi,

Sometimes, when I try to compile only one service in my AOSP, I don't see the changes in fact, probably because of a compilation cache memory.

I'm trying to do by the following steps:
  1. Change the code
  2. source build/envsetup.sh
  3. lunch [X]
  4. Go to the Android.mk file source
  5. mm -j12

To push it into the device I'm using the following steps:
  1. adb root
  2. adb remount
  3. kill the process
  4. push the file from out/*/vendor/bin to /vendor/bin
  5. chmod +x

Sometimes it indeed works and I do see my changes, but sometimes, no matter what I do, the file is not updated with my changes.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Mohammad Hossein Heydarchi

Apr 4, 2023, 12:07:53 AM4/4/23
to Android Building
You can use "make installclean". It cleans all the things.

But I use the manual approach and delete the folder of the module from .intermediate folder.  So, tit only remove the module and the others will not be affected.