Build KASAN on android12

youyo...@126.com

May 19, 2022, 10:44:22 AMMay 19
to Android Building
Hi All,

I want to enable KASAN function on Android, after many times try, I can successfully build boot.img, when I flash boo.img to the device , it does not work, it means the system can not boot up.

so compare the size of vmlinux , I found strange Phenomenon,  like the below, according to https://source.android.com/devices/tech/debug/kasan-kcov#troubleshooting, the image size should be become larger when enable KASAN, but I found the size is samller when enable KASAN.

351910528 May 18 22:53 vmlinux  enable KASAN

694713016 May 18 22:40 vmlinux  disable KASAN

I have done some searching, but could not find the answer.
Could someone help me with this? Thanks in advance!

BR.
Mckay.