APEX file building

Наталья Слинько

Sep 29, 2023, 4:37:05 PM9/29/23
to Android Building
Hi
I have a question related to APEX modules building

Given I have to customize Bluetooth in Android 13. It is an apex module since Android 13.
Regarding documentation "At the top level, an APEX file is a zip file in which files are stored uncompressed and located at 4 KB boundaries."
But as I can see in out/target/product/device/system/apex there are folders with files mentioned in documentation, but not a zip file.
So I don't understand what does it mean to install apex via adb as mentioned in docs:
adb install apex_file_name
 If I type the folder name like com.android.btservice I am getting ADB install error that it is not .apk or .apex

I could install only Bluetooth.apk from this folder, but I need also update native library files (.so).

Could you help me how to do this?