Inquiry About Android Soong Features

zhu ming

12:09 AM (6 hours ago) 12:09 AM
to Android Building
Hi everyone,

I am currently working with the Android Soong build system and have encountered some questions regarding its capabilities. I would like to inquire if Soong supports the following features:

1. Excluding All Code under some Specified Directory: Is there a configuration option or method in Soong that allows excluding all code within a specified directory from the build process?
2. Parsing repo Manifest Files: Does Soong support directly parsing repo Manifest files?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards

Mattijs Korpershoek

3:53 AM (3 hours ago) 3:53 AM
to zhu ming, Android Building
Hi,

On jeu., juil. 04, 2024 at 11:41, zhu ming <zhm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am currently working with the Android Soong build system and have
> encountered some questions regarding its capabilities. I would like to
> inquire if Soong supports the following features:
>
> 1. *Excluding All Code under some Specified Directory:* Is there a
> configuration option or method in Soong that allows excluding all code
> within a specified directory from the build process?

I think this can be handled via Soong namespaces.
See:
https://android.googlesource.com/platform/build/soong/+/master#namespaces